•epilogue - you were... just right (present-tense)•

Mark wakes up and looks around, not knowing where he is. Looks like some type of heaven-like place.

     Immediately, he sees a light and it is very tempting to come towards it. He hears someone calling to him from that light, and they're saying, "Come, my wonderful son. Come to the light and we can be together again."

     The person's voice reminds Mark of his mother. In fact, that vague figure in the distance even looks like his mother.

     Yet again, the figure talks, as Mark strolls closer to it, "My precious Mark, come here. Mommy missed you."

     Tears start to well up in Mark's eyes as memories of his mother pop up in front of him, literally, sort of like futuristic holograms.

     "M-mommy, I missed... you too." Mark runs towards the female figure, tears streaming from his eyes, arms wide open to hug her.

     Unfortunately, the female figure disappears as he jumps at her and he starts falling for what seems like forever.

     And ever.

     And ever.

     Until, he falls onto a cushion-y type of floor. He sits up and looks at his surroundings and sees that he's in a meadow. Where the fuck am I?

     Out of nowhere, a hare leaps in the air, oddly very close to Mark. With a closer look at it, Mark sees that it isn't a hare.

     It's a boy with red hair in a hare costume.

     "Yugyeom?!" Mark yells at the boy.

     The hare-boy glances at Mark, then hops away, as if he hadn't heard or even seen Mark.

     "Yugyeom, wait!" he gets up and chases the Yugyeom-rabbit-thing.

~~~

     Yugyeom leads Mark to a ginormous crimson- and white-colored castle with many blood-red hearts decorating its exterior.

     Mark examines the grand building and it reminds him of the Queen of Hearts's castle in Alice in Wonderland. In fact, Yugyeom in the rabbit suit reminds him of the rabbit that was always late to whatever, also in Alice in Wonderland.

     Mark wonders if he's suddenly in an alternate universe where he's Alice and everyone he knows are the other characters. Considering the fact that he and Yugyeom died, it's a possibility that this is his afterlife and not just a coma dream or something. Although, a coma is better because he can actually wake up after a few years, but if he's dead... he's just dead.

     In midst of all this thinking, Mark becomes lost in his thoughts and doesn't notice the red card-guard men currently coming towards him.

     The guards knock Mark out and take him to the Queen of Hearts, or as the name Mark knows her by, Jinyoung.

Unfortunately for Mark, he doesn't wake up until he gets thrown to the floor in front of Jinyoung's throne.

"Wh-where am I? Who are you- Wait! Jinyoung?"

"Shush, Mark! I do not wish to hear you, yet."

"But--" he gets hit on the head by one of the guards' weapons. "Ow..."

"If you do not let me speak, you shall get hurt."