Anon from England

Hi.I'm 13 years old.I'm a girl.I live in London,England and I'm bisexual.

Now I don't really know much when it comes to homophobia and transphobia and I can't say that I've experienced it personally.However, my girlfriend is bisexual as well and her mum is homophobic.And yes, her mum has made homophobic comments.It upset me a lot because it hurt her so bad.It also means we can't really tell people even though we want to, so the only people who know about us are our best friends.I've told my mum I'm bisexual but haven't told my dad yet.My parents don't know about my girlfriend but they've met her.She's actually one of my best friends.Sorry, I guess I'm rambling.Our friends are really supportive but it feels like we are hiding from the world.I've always had an issue with people who are openly anti-something and it affects me a lot.I can get extremely angry or extremely upset or have weird little panic attack breakdowns when I'm trying to go to sleep.I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me-that isn't why I added it.I just wanted to add it.

(Sorry, Rambling again!)

Anyway...one of my best friends(who I've known since I was 7) taught me to be more accepting of who I am.In fact, she was my first crush and I was hers.She is gender fluid and I love her for it.Even if she didn't know it, she really helped with my confidence issues.One of my best friends at school calls my girlfriend and I her "Carribean Bisexuals".We have been shipped by her and apparently she is already planning our wedding.I wouldn't be me without my friends and they are so supportive.I guess, wherever you are in the world it is tough to be LGBTQ+.

This is just my opinion but, I think that other people believe that because London is so diverse, they are accepting.I don't believe that.I refuse to believe it.Now you may think I'm just a stupid teenager with silly opinions who has just wasted your time but I stand by my beliefs.There will always,always be people who will fight against you or not accept you, Itsthose who try to be oppressive and make you feel like nothing.We just have to fight through it.My girlfriend and I come from black backgrounIt's not as bad for me because I'm biracial but it is definitely worse for her.Her mum quoted the bible in one of her homophobic comments.But, please don't get me wrong-I'm not dissing the bible, I'm christian.

I think lots of people from cultured backgrounds struggle with coming out to their families because of how their parents were brought up to be anti-LGBTQ.Two of my other friends are also bisexual, one is hispanic the other biracial like me.My biracial friend has told all of our friends but I'm not sure if she's told her parents.My hispanic friend, that's a different story.I'm the only person she's told and she doesn't want to tell her parents because she is afraid they will react badly.There is a LOT of stigma around being LGBTQ and I pray that one day that will go away.I know that you are probably thinking this is really long so I'll end your misery very soon.

This might sound cheesy, but as Alessia Cara says"There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark, You should know your beautiful just the way you are, And you don't have to change a thing, The world could change its heart, No scars to your beautiful, We're stars and were beautiful."

So, to sum up: I've come out to friends not family; My girlfriend has a homophobic parent; I have friends that are openly LGBTQ; And I have no power when it comes to changing things because I'm still a kid.

Oh, and one more thing? Be happy with who you are. Don't change for anyone.
:)

Love,
Anon