Hospital Trips

Anna's P.O.V.

"Well, your sister is in critical condition right now." Dr. Felix said.

I took the biggest sigh of my life.  She wasn't dead!  I thanked every lord out there, looking up at the heavens, for sparing Elsa.  Then, I realized critical condition was no good either.  "How bad is she?" I asked.

"Well," Dr. Felix said, upset, "Elsa was injected with many chemical drugs that can cause serious damage if not removed.  Luckily, we managed to get most of the drugs out of her in the surgery.  We will have to give her medication to take to help get rid of the rest of it.  She also hurt her legs, not broken, but they should be elevated for a few days to heal.  Elsa got several bandages from cuts she has all over her body.  And there is quite a bit of smoke in her lungs, because she wasn't able to cough it all out like her friend, Jack."

I wiped my eyes as tears started to flow over this news.  "Can I see her?" I choked.

"Not now, because she's not awake yet.  But I will call you when she is." Dr. Felix told me, "I suggest you go home and get a good night's rest."

"Okay." I swallowed.

I went into another area and saw Rapunzel, Aunt Arianna, and Uncle Marcus.  "Do you-?" I asked, but Uncle Marcus cut me off.

"Dr. Felix told us." he said sadly.  We met up with the rest of the gang, excluding Jack, who was getting a check-up from a doctor.  "As soon as Elsa is moved out of intensive care, I am going to transfer back to New Jersey!" Aunt Arianna cried, "I'm going to call Witness Protection right now!"

Uncle Marcus jabbed a thumb towards Aunt Arianna as she hurried down the hall.  "I better help." he said to us, "Stay here."

And so, Eugene, Rapunzel, Merida, Hiccup, Kristoff, and I were left in a hospital by ourselves.  I rubbed my good arm against the arm that had the cast on it, feeling the rough texture.  It was a habit that I got now when I was nervous or fidgety.  "Gosh, I just wanna see Elsa." I breathed.

"Oh, Anna!  Don't make me cry again!" Rapunzel choked and started sobbing.  Eugene patted her back, and she leaned into his chest.  Merida's tears had stopped and she was the brave girl we all know.  "Guys," she said, "Hans, Malificent, and Pitch are still out there."

We all nodded.  "We have to make sure they are in pris-" I said, but then saw Jack running towards us.  I flung my arms around him in a hug, "Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou for saving my sister!" I cried.

"It was my honour." Jack replied, with a hint of sadness.

"How are ya, bud?" Hiccup asked, as the two boys embraced in a bro hug.  Jack lifted him off the ground and swung him around, "Very fit!  The doctor says I'm fine!  I just got the smoke out of my lungs."  He placed Hiccup down and said gravely, "How's Elsa?"

I gave him the jist.  "Hopefully we'll see her tomorrow." I said, swallowing again.

"Yeah."

"Okay so you are all on the Witness Protection Plan now." Aunt Arianna said, entering into our chat.

"Gee, thanks, Mrs. Gold." Merida said and we all thanked her.

"Tonight they have a special sleeping arrangement for us, and some police officers are going to escort us back to gather our things." Uncle Marcus explained, "Tomorrow we will await further news on Elsa."

Elsa.  I wanted to hear about her now.  It seemed like tomorrow would never come.

*Time skip to the next morning*

I woke up in the dim lighting of the Protected Girl's Bedroom.  I was sharing with Merida, and Rapunzel in the Witness Protection Room and we were calling this room the PGB for short.  The boys go their own room and Aunt Arianna and Uncle Marcus shared a room.  I was changing into a green and white striped hoodie when there was a knock at the door.  "Come in." I called, shimming the hoodie on.  Rapunzel and Merida were still asleep.  Losers.  A guard entered the room and told me, "Dr. Felix called and said that Elsa Delle is awake and can have visitors.  She is in the same room as last night."