One Down

Elsa's P.O.V.

(City Lights by Paul Taneja:)

It's 5AM and the streets are dead

I walk alone, into a quiet home

Two lost souls,

lost in the city of lights

A sound I hear...is someone there?

A shadow moves, than disappears

Two lost souls, 

lost in the city of lights

The coffin was carried down the aisle to the giant dirt hole.  I covered my mouth to block my loud sobs and Ariel put her arm around me.  An older man with a white moustache was sobbing pitifully and repeating over and over, "She's all I had left.  She's all I had left."

Maurice, Belle's father. 

A taller man with long, red hair, put his arm around Maurice and blinked back tears.  He swallowed and said, "I l-loved her too."

Adam, Belle's boyfriend.  I nodded at Ariel and bit my lip.  I walked across the aisle to Maurice and Adam and breathed, "H-her last words w-were about you. She loved you both dearly."  Maurice pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, "This was all my fault!"

Adam started crying too.  The coffin was placed onto a frame, ready to be lowered into the ground.  A priest stepped up and said the whole speech that goes on in a funeral.  Then, Maurice parted the crowd and stepped up.  He cleared his throat and everyone silenced.  He began, "Belle...ah, Belle certainly was a determined, beautiful, kindred spirit.  There won't be too many more girls like her in the world.  She was a rare beauty.  Belle always fought for justice.  She also helped me out every way she could.  When I needed an arranged marriage for our company to last, Belle stepped up and took her responsibility- which ultimately got her killed.  If Belle is here, maybe not in body but in spirit, I would want her to know that I am truly sorry for forcing that- that mess down upon her and that she was truly the best daughter a father could've had.  Thank you." Maurice swallowed and exited the stage.

The priest stepped up and asked, "Would anyone else like to pay a last respect to Miss Belle Beau?"

I raised my hand and quickly paced up to face the crowd.  I smiled sadly at the thought of Belle, how she was a great friend and it was sad to see her go.  "Belle was full of potential.  Her life was cut short to soon." I began, "I praise her for her hard work and I hope that we can all live up to her name.  I hope that Belle rests peacefully, like she deserved.  Yet, at the same time I wish she was still with us now."  Everyone nodded sorrowfully and I met up with Ariel.  Before I knew it, a crank was being turned and the coffin was being lowered into the ground.  I started sobbing again and the song started playing again.

It's 5AM and the streets are dead

I walk alone, into a quiet home

Two lost souls,