Invaded

Rapunzel's P.O.V.

My Dad awoke this morning.  I was heading up to the fifth floor of the hospital to see him.  I had my golden hair straightened and pulled back with a purple hair elastic, and was wearing he sleevless creamy white sundress with a triangle of lilac going down the centre.  Mom and Dad gave me this dress as my sixteenth birthday present, because while Mom likes lilac purple, Dad prefers creamy white, and they said both colours looked good on me.  I wore it to represent both of them today.  I also had on wedge heels with purple straps, which were a present from Merida, also on my sixteenth birthday.  Anna was wearing light denim overalls with a lime green T-shirt, and green Converse, her hair in two red braids.  Merida had her curly red hair pulled back with a red bandana, and was wearing a red and black striped shirt, black denim shorts, and heavy combat boots.  Elsa, being sophisticated, was wearing a grey tank top that went up her neck, aviator shades, and an ankle skirt that was peach and had a slit up the side.  She was wearing heels with peach straps and had her hair in her normal french braid.  The boys were just wearing typical T-shirts and shorts, nothing too fancy.  However, I must note that Eugene looks striking in a paramedic uniform.

We came up to the door of Dad's room and I choked down a sob.  Dad's right shoulder and neck were scorched and scarlet red, with little bits of black.  He was in an area that looked like plastic wrap, but was more hospital-like, so no germs could infect his burns.  I stifled down my tears and  everyone looked at me.  "Are you sure you want to go first?" Anna asked worriedly.  I nodded.  "I'm their daughter," I spoke slowly, "I have to be strong.  I entered the room and Dad looked at me.  

"Hiya, Dad." I said.

"Hey, Rapunzel." Dad said and sighed.  "Sorry you have to see me like this."

"It's-it's okay." I dismissed his apology with a wave of my hand. 

"I think it's time you kids have some more security protection." Dad said (we dismissed Aladdin, Genie, and Jasmine for there had been no attacks and they had another job of twenty-four seven security they needed to do).

"Okay." I nodded hesitantly, for I don't like being followed around.

"Rapunzel." Dad warned, but his green eyes sparkled with understanding and his lips curled into a tiny smile.

"Yes, Dad." I said more defiantly. 

Dad decided to change the subject.  "Your mother-?" Dad prompted.

Mom?  Should I tell him?  He needs to focus on healing himself, not worrying about Mom.  But, since she's his wife he deserves to know the truth.  I racked my brain for an answer and saw it was only best to give the truth.  "S-she slipped i-into a coma." I stuttered, tears returning.

"A coma?"  Dad actually sat up, ignoring my objections.  "Oh no, Arianna..." Dad began to cry too, which made me cry even harder.  It's hard to see a parent cry.  I got up from my chair and bolted out the door, to cry alone.

*Time skip to twenty minutes later*

I saw that when I returned that my friends and family were taking turns talking with Dad.  Elsa was in there when I was fully calmed down and ready to try again.  I caught the tail end of their conversation.  "It was wrong of me to ever love Hans." I heard Elsa say guiltily.  

"Sometimes love blinds us from the truth." Dad replied and held Elsa's hands.  He looked into my cousin's blue eyes and said strongly, "But, you must get these horrible people and bring them to justice."

Elsa nodded slowly and promised, "I will."

*Time skip to back at the tower*