1.

Yes, I know that this story sucks. (Not really sorry, I still write like shit and this book was growing material for me.)

 Disclaimer: These characters are not meant to be examples, they are just characters in a little story, I wrote when I was a 6th grader, and a new convert.
Don't go haraam police on me please. It doesn't  help anyone .

AUTHORS NOTE: Thank you for reading this book. I have been working on editing it since it doesn't make really any sense and it feels like a train-wreck when I read it. 

"Pop, POP" The sound of guns filled the air, grey sleet laid on the ground as if it was supposed to be the colour of the tile, instead of a bright blue. The grey sleet in some areas was covered in red and lifeless bodies. Some were filled with bullet wounds, their eyes were still filled with the pain of a life lived here. Some had no arms or legs. The worst was the ones who were barely clinging to life, they had no one there to protect them, to talk them through their final hours, it was just emptiness. I knew I would be safe if I stayed inside of my house, crouched down like a little kid.

"POP, POP POP" I looked at my mom. She looked at me with a look of horror and put her arms over her head, laying flat on her stomach. I mirrored the same action as her, knowing that she knew the most about these things.

They were so close.  

"POP"

I heard the glass crack above me and I heard the bullet wiz straight into the plaster behind us. The glass then shattered and made a very big mess on the floor. We, then, heard the door come crashing down. I saw the camo and I paused in fear. I looked to my Ommi, who was looking at my in a look of revere and horror. I, then saw the flag on their arms. 

It was the Americans. They gave me a pitying look and then they asked me a question

"هل تشعر بالأمان في العراق?" (Do you feel safe in Iraq?)

"لا" (No)

"هل ترغب في الانتقال إلى الولايات المتحدة?" (Would you be willing to move to the United States?)

My mom answered that one for us, with a resounding yes. 

They took us to the army base then, they spoke a lot of English. They speak really quickly there. 

I got to go on my first plane. That was really scary though and I didn't really like it. 

---------------

Thanks for a 100 reads on this chapter! :)

Question: What country are you guys from?

Comment your answer in the comment section!