Epilogue

Before I start this chapter, I would like to say thank you for reading this book. I have really loved writing it. I hope you enjoy this last chapter.

*5 years later*

"I can't believe that this is actually happening" I told Ommi, who was straightening the lace hijab on my head, trying to make sure that it looked perfect.

"It is happening, Leni. I will let you now know that I am starting to feel old, You getting married and your sister having her first daughter, and me being a grandmother. You need to stop growing up so fast" She told me smiling, and a little bit of her red lipstick getting on her teeth.

"Ommi, you look really good today, you look like the girl on the magazine" Ommi smiled at me.

"The magazine for the old people, telling me to buy hearing aids?" She said patting me on my shoulder and looking over towards me. 

"No, Ommi, the one on the counter at home. The Muslimah on the front cover"

"Thank you Leni,  that is very sweet of you." I heard her say as she turned me around and had me look at myself in the mirror. 

I looked like a totally different person. The usual outfits I wore of pants and cardigans, was replaced by a long flowing dress that was all white. The makeup made my nose look smaller and less pointy. I gasped at my reflection in the mirror and Ommi must've saw my shock.

"Is it that bad, Leni?"

"No, Ommi" I said turning towards her and looking at her with tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face. "It is perfect!" I gave her a giant bear hug, and picked her up. I saw tears in her eyes and she said 

"Let's go show you off to your man" 

I walked down the isle as gracefully as I possibly could. The imaan was waiting for us, in his traditional wear. Zeke was in a tux, that was really loose fitting so he would be appropriately dressed.

I saw him turn and I saw the gasp and the excitement in his eyes. 

The whole ceremony started and then the big question popped up.

"Do you take Zeke to love and to cherish until death do you part, Jamilia?" The imaaan said.

"Yes, I do!" I said trying to sound as cheerful as possible 

"Zeke, do you to take Jamilia to love and to cherish until death do you part?"

"Yes sir, I do"

"You may kiss the bride."

That's when I remembered that anyone can fall in love with anyone, 

Even the hijabi.