16.

Flashback

It was dark, and cold. We had been running for seven days now, and I was getting tired. "Ommi, I tired." I said in my lazy Arabic. 

"Be brave, sweet Leni, Allah will protect you and make sure no harm comes your way, I promise"

"Will Papa come back for us?" I asked her in a scared voice. Papa didn't like it when Ommi disobeyed him, it made him angry. Very angry. He once threw a shoe at her head when she was sleeping because she took the blanket  when she was asleep.

"I don't care what Papa does, Leni. I always want you to defend yourself against him. Can you promise to do that for me?" She got on her knee and looked into my eyes "Promise me, Leni that you'll always have a brave heart"

"Yes, Ommi. I promise to always have a brave heart because I know Allah will protect me, because he is all merciful."

"Yes he is, Leni. But remember not to get angry at your father for what he did to me, Ok?"

"I have so much anger in my heart towards him though"

"Anger is a sickness that spreads in your heart. Only love can cure it, So don't have hate in your heart because after awhile there will be so much anger in your heart that no amount of love can fix it."

Flashback Over

I had always promised to Ommi to be brave if he ever came back, but violence never solved anything. I woud have to talk to him

End of chapter.

Please don't be a ghost reader, if you like the book just say so. You know how you do that? Voting and leaving comments (nice ones preferably.)

Thanks Again, 

Nonyabuisness.