Chapter 3: Safe

Everyone stared at the werewolf girl. Then they started chatting amongst themselves. Celene couldn't pick up on what they were saying, but she knew it would end badly for her. Aphmau, who was standing off to the side of the group, finally spoke up."I-I thought that Aaron was the only Ultima..." (Aaron's dad isn't an Ultima in this fanfic) Everyone looked at Celene expectantly. She glanced at them before answering, "Well you would think that, but he's obviously not the only one" She told them, her voice dripping with hostility. The group noticed how afraid, yet defiant the werewolf girl was. The poor dear thinks we're going to hurt her. Kim thought sadly. Celene bared her fangs, swished her tail, flattened her ears against her head and yelled "Try and kill me if you must. But I'm not going down without a fight!" Her eyes glowed bright red, and she growled.

Garroth couldn't take it anymore. "Wait!" He shouted, careful not to make eye contact. "We're not going to hurt you!" Celene's guard dropped a little and the red in her eyes flickered. "What?" She asked in a very confused tone. "Why not? I'm an ultima. I'm dangerous. Most people are terrified of me, and would kill me if they had the chance." She spoke slowly, as if educating a young child. Aphmau, Kim, and Zane spoke up, and reassured the werewolf girl that they wouldn't do anything to her. "We already know a lot about Ultima's. In fact, a friend of ours is one, and he wouldn't hurt a fly." Zane told her. Celene's shoulders relaxed, and the red in her irises faded away, to be replaced by her normal brown eyes. "You must have met a lot of bad people, if you're this hostile. Lucinda said sadly. "But don't worry. You and your secret are safe here." Celene looked up at them all. "Thank you." She said with a relieved smile on her face. "It's been so long since I was able to trust anyone." They all gathered together for a group hug.

I finally have real friends. Celene thought. These are people that I can trust. People who will watch over me. Like guardian angels. She smiled. Finally, I'm safe.