Chapter 4: Hope

"Well, now that you guys know I'm an Ultima, I don't mind telling you more about myself." Celene said. The day before, the group had pummeled her with questions, and the werewolf girl was ready to answer them. "My mom was a werewolf, and my dad was a warlock. My grandma on my mom's side was an ultima, my mom wasn't though. Both knew the whole story about Ultimas, and that I was one myself. I had learned basic control over my powers at a young age, what with my grandma teaching me, so I was allowed to partake in a few social activities. After grandma died, I had no one to teach me how to control my powers better, so I caused a few, let's say, accidents, in elementary going into middle school..." Her tail stopped wagging, and her ears drooped. The group pondered what this meant, but they wanted the story to continue. "Go on" Kim encouraged. Celene viciously shook her thoughts away and continued.

Mom found out, amd I was basically put under house arrest. I did have a few friends that I talked to, but I was home all the time. Heck, I was even home-schooled for awhile. I had so much freee time, that I started to experiment with my powers." Everyone stared and a few people's bodies were tense. Celene noticed and tried to explain, "on myself. I tried different things on myself. I wouldn't put anyone in danger unless I had to." Everyone looked reassured, and they relaxed. Celene continued."I constantly monitered my emotions, and when my powers activated. I kinda messed around with it a bit. But only when I was by myself!" She assured after a few people had tensed up. "And I figured out how to turn it on and off at will." She demonstrated by letting her eyes turn red and quickly turning it off. "Went through highschool, college, got a job. Now I'm just looking for my purpose in life." She finished.

There was a short pause. "So... Who's Aaron?" The werewolf girl bluntly asked. Aphmau's body stiffened up, and she looked like she was about to cry, and the rest of the group looked sad as well. Celene's ears drooped. "He must be important to you guys... I won't ask anythi--" "He's an Ultima like you." Lucinda blurted out. Celene's ears perked up. "He is?" She asked curiously. "What's he like?" They explained some of their fond memories of Aaron. "Aphmau and Aaron deeply love each other, but they haven't seen each other for almost a year now." And they explained what happened at the lodge. Aphmau started to tear up. "I -I miss him, so much..." Celene's ears drooped, saddened to see her new friend crying, then a thought occurred to her. Her tail started wagging excitedly. "I can help you find him. Ultimas can sense each other. Although, I've never met him, so it might take awhile to pinpoint his location." Aphmau looked up with a strange look on her face, and asked " How long would it take?" The werewolf girl twitched her ears as she thought. "anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. It normally happens when I'm sleeping, and I'm a bit of an insomniac. Actually, speaking of sleep, I'm kinda tired. Can we talk more tomorrow?" They all said their goodbyes, and the werewolf girl walked home, knowing that she might sleep easier now. Aphmau and the others left as well. As Aphmau was walking, she felt something she hadn't felt in a long time: Hope.