Chapter 5: Eavesdropping is a bad habit

A few days after Celene agreed to help her friends find Aaron, she had woken up as early as she could, so needless to say, she was tired. But her tail was wagging happily as she made her ways to Aphmau's. She had been dreaming about a humongous forest with a small log cabin. She woke up before she could see inside, but it might've been a clue as to where Aaron was. She hadn't gotten very far when her ears picked up someone murmuring "... Find and... Ultimas" Her blood went cold, but she quickly recovered from her shock. With a flash of light, she went into her wolf form, and listened for the person who had just spoken. A man was standing behind a tree and muttering into a phone. The dog crept up to the tree, and heard "... Know for a fact that an Ultima was at that cabin, but none of the others who were there are telling me anything useful. They're hiding something... Uh huh... Yes sir... Another one..? That's impossible sir. There's only one line of Ultimas... There's two..?" He put the phone down. "Well that makes my job harder." The phone was back up. "... Yes sir! I know bring the Ultima's to you to eliminate them." Celene yipped in alarm, causing the man to look down at her. He would have seen a white dog with human like hair, but she had already taken off at full speed for Aphmau's house.

She ran in through the dog door at Aphmau's house out of breath, and absolutely terrified. She panted and thought "I'm here... Good... Can't...hold...form any longer..." And with a flash of light, she was back in her werewolf form. She was so terrified that she couldn't control her Ultima power. Aphmau ran in to see her sitting on the floor, shaking and with her eyes furiously going from red to brown, red to brown. She sat down next to the girl and patted her back. She said soothing words until her eyes went back to brown, and she stopped shaking. "Now," Aphmau said soothingly "Tell me what happened."

"Whoever that man was...he said he wanted to... Eliminate the Ultimas..." She started shaking again, but Aphmau hugged her tightly. "We promised we would keep you safe, and we will. That man has no reason to suspect that you're an ultima, so don't worry. But y'know, eavesdropping is a bad habit to get into." Celene calmed down. "I know, but I couldn't help myself." She smiled sheepishly "Oh right." She said, remembering. "I actually came here for another reason. I had a weird dream about a cabin in a forest. I thought it might be a clue as to where Aaron was." Aphmau looked a little disappointed. "That doesn't tell us much." Celene's ears drooped, but she picked them up quickly. "Well, I may be able to see more of the surrounding area as the nights go on. I'll get a really clear picture during the full moon which is only a couple of days away." Aphmau looked happy. I can wait. She thought. "Its all right Celene. Take your time." Aphmau told her. Celene smiled "I'll go home now. I'm almost done unpacking." She bid her friend goodbye, and she left the house.

She turned right and continued going down the block. She felt like she was being watched, but looking around, she saw nothing. Shrugging it off, the werewolf girl went inside her house. She was unaware of the man watching her, waiting for the right moment to strike.