Chapter 9: Car Trip

I am so, so, sorry for taking this long to write this chapter. Please forgive me readers. School ended more than a week ago, but I kept procrastinating until now. Enjoy this chapter, and I promise I will get the next one out as soon as I can. But I also decided to tweak the plot a bit. I'm not sure if wattpad updated the story yet, but I changed the line in chp 3 about Aaron's dad being an Ultima. To make things easier, Celene and Aaron are going to be the only two Ultima's that are currently alive. (Aaron's Dad is a normal werewolf.) Well, that's enough from me. Sorry for the long author's note. While you're waiting for chapter updates, I would recommend reading an Aphmau-related story that my close friend Aphmau45 wrote called "Reunited with him" Enjoy this chapter!

"Just how many bags did you pack Lucinda?" Kim asked in amazement. Lucinda turned to look at her pile. "I planned on bringing a whole bunch of potions as well as several backup wands. I don't want to be caught off guard again." She answered. I don't want a repeat of what happened at the cabin... She thought. "But, Celene, Zane and I only packed two. Aphmau and Garroth packed three. And you packed five! Is all of it really needed?" Kim asked. "Plus," Celene pointed out "It might not all fit in the trunk." She gestured to the white truck in front of them. "I still can't believe your dad let you borrow it." Aphmau said. Garroth and Zane started loading the trunk. "All right!" Garroth said enthusiastically. "What snacks did everyone bring? We'll be driving for a few hours, and we might get hungry." Kim, Aphmau, Celene, and Zane held up bags of various goodies. Everyone stared at Celene, who was holding up a bag of dog treats. "They're my favorite." Said the smiling werewolf girl, her tail wagging happily. "You should try them sometime. They're delicious." She said. At everyone's expression she laughed and said, "Just kidding. Hehe." And she pulled out a bag of rice crispy treats. "Now let's get going!"

About a half hour into the drive, everyone had been playing 'I spy with my little eye.' They were about to put a movie into the movie player. The middle row and back row were separated by the middle row's seats. (This is actually what my dad's car looks like.) The two seats up front were occupied by Kim and Zane, at Kim's request. "Hey Aphmau?" Celene asked her friend, twisting around to look behind her. "Do you know why Kim was acting so weird?" Aphmau turned to look at Celene. "She allowed a Zane - obsessed ghost to posses her." She answered simply. "What!?" Celene yelped. "That is so cool! I've only read stories about ghosts possessing people!" She turned. She turned towards Kim. "Hello Mrs. ghost!" Lucinda, who was sitting next to Aphmau whispered "I don't think she'll ever look at Kim the same way again." Aphmau and Garroth nodded.

In the front two seats, Kim was shooing Celene away. "Yes yes." She said, annoyed. "I'm a yandere ghost, and this girl offered to be my host. Now go back to watching your movie." She murmured "And I'll go back to watching my Zane~" Celene glanced at Zane. "But the only thing he's doing is driving." She noted. The ghost was about to go back to watching Zane, until she realized what the werewolf girl said. "You heard that?" She asked. Celene pointed to the wiggling werewolf ears on top of her head. The ghost continued to gaze lovingly at Zane, but this time she kept her lovesick thoughts to herself.

"I'm hungry!" Garroth complained. They were now a couple of hours into the trip, and Garroth's stomach was rumbling loudly. "I'll eat just about anything at this point." Celene stuffed something into his mouth. He chewed it and swallowed before saying, "Hey, that was pretty good! What was that?" He looked at Celene and saw her biting a dog biscuit. His face paled. "Did you...?" Celene faced him and nodded while still chewing. Garroth opened the window and tried to spit it out. Aphmau and Lucinda giggled at this, while Celene looked horrified. Zane called "Guys, we're almost there." And everyone looked out the window to see a sign pointing to a road that branched off from the main one. They went down it and were soon driving through a forest. "This looks familiar..." Celene said. Soon they came upon a small cabin, and next to it was a sign that said FalconClaw. "We're finally here!" Aphmau cheered. Celene climbed out and lowered the seat so that Aphmau and Lucinda could get out. They entered the cabin, but Celene stayed behind. A little unsure about what they would find. She steeled her nerves, and opened the door.