Chapter 10: A Little Wolf Pup

I swear, this is not a filler chapter. So... You might want to read it. It may very well be the longest chapter I have written on this website. Oh, I tried something new at the end. And it's my first time trying to write like that, so tell me if its any good or not. Enjoy!

Celene opened the door and walked inside. Aphmau, Zane, and Lucinda were asking the man about the Likens (is that how you spell it?). They must have gotten a good answer because afterwards they gestured for everyone to come back outside. The group went through the doors again, one by one.

"Okay, so they are here in Falcon Claw. At least the whole vision thing was right.." Lucinda told the group. Aphmau continued, "He said they rented a cabin somewhere in that direction." She pointed. Everyone looked in that direction, but could see nothing but trees. They parked the car next to the cabin with the big sign, and they started walking in the supposed direction of Aaron's cabin. After walking for a couple of minutes, they came upon a medium sized cabin that they concluded must be Aaron's.

"Okay, so how are we going to let Aaron know we're out here?" Kim asked. Everyone thought for a second. Zane spoke up. "Well, it'd probably be a bad idea to let his parents know we're here, so instead...We could take something of his and lead him out here with it." Everyone thought it over. "How would we get inside without anyone seeing us though?" Lucinda asked. Aphmau suggested "Celene could go into her wolf form. I'm sure Aaron's parents wouldn't mind letting a stray wolf pup into their house. Aaron told me that his entire family are werewolves, and they should be okay with letting one in." Celene finally asked, "So I'll get inside, grab one of his possessions and lead him outside with it?" Kim looked at her before answering. "Yeah, that's about it." "This feels like a spy movie." Garroth said. Celene looked at Aphmau. "So, is there anything of Aaron's that I could take that he would want back?" Aphmau thought for a second. "Hmm... If there's anything he would like to keep, it'd probably be a of picture of his friends, but no, that's a bad idea... His new bandana, maybe?" "New?" Celene questioned. "Yeah." Aphmau told her. "He gave me his old one." She gestured to her head where her hair was tied up with a red cloth. For a moment, it looked like Aphmau got teary-eyed, but... Nah, it must be my imagination. The werewolf girl concluded. "Okay, I'll go do it now." She told the group. There was a small flash of light, and Celene turned into a wolf pup. She barked and wagged her tail. Then she walked off in the direction of Aaron's house.

She barked and howled outside the door until a young woman opened it up. She had brown ears and a tail and didn't seem to be much older than Aaron. That must be Melissa, Aaron's sister. She took a mental note. Melissa looked down to see Celene. I must make this look convincing. She leaned her head to the side, folded down her ears, and looked up towards Melissa. She whimpered quietly, and Melissa bought it. She allowed Celene into the house, all the while fawning over how cute she was. Celene walked past her, and headed towards Aarons room. Left at the dining room table, and across the hall. She thought as she remembered the way to Aarons room. (Photographic memory remember?) She whined and pawed the door until Aaron opened it. He looked down to see Celene and was instantly confused. "A wolf pup?" He said to himself, although Celene could hear every word of it. "How did it get in?" He questioned. Celene whined and gave him the puppy eyes. Then she started rubbing her head against his leg, and whining as if inviting him to pet her. He gave in, and reached down to pet her. "What a cute little pup" He fawned. She saw the bandanna over his eyes, and the minute Aaron was close enough, Celene pulled the bandanna off of his face and ran for it. The werewolf boy yelled and ran after the little wolf pup. He passed by Melissa and called "The little wolf pup took my bandana!" Melissa makes no effort to help him. Instead, she pulled out a bag of popcorn and watched as Aaron chased the little pup all around the house. Finally, Celene bolted out the door, with Aaron hot on her heels (or paws I guess?). She ran down the path and into a part of the forest, where she suddenly stopped. Aaron stopped too, out of confusion. There was movement behind one of the trees. He braced himself, ready for whatever came his way.

They saw Celene run into an area near them. Aphmau was so excited that she almost ran out from behind the tree. But she suddenly got really nervous. What if he doesn't like me anymore. Aphmau worried. She crashed into the tree, as she wasn't watching where she was going. Aaron looked at the little wolf pup. The way she was sitting patiently made it look like she wanted to show him something, but... "Um, hey if there isn't anything here for me, then I'm just gonna take my bandana and leave okay?" He said. He grabbed the bandana, but the wolf pup wouldn't budge. "Come on... Let go!" He pulled harder but the wolf pup held on. Aaron could have worn he heard her whimper, and immediately stopped pulling. He looked up in the directions of the nearby trees to see a face he didn't think he would see for many more moons.

She stared at him, barely believing that she was finally seeing him after almost a year. This isn't a dream. Aphmau thought. He's really here. All she could do was stare, unable to trust her words. Aaron of course was just as confused and conflicted as she was. But one emotion overulled all the others. His happiness to see her again. "Aphmau?" He asked, as if checking once more that it wasn't a dream. "Aaron?" She asks with tears of happiness in her eyes. They get over their shock and run towards each other. And during the whole exchange, just a few feet away from them, watching their every move, sits a little wolf pup.