Chapter 1

"Riaviona?" Sheila asked. "Yes?" I replied. "May I come in, your highness?" "Sure." Sheila entered. "I told you, Sheila, no need to ask. You may come in when you want. You're my only friend, and my advisor/lady in waiting and teacher." "Yes, I know. But as a princess, we must observe the proper rules." "Okay. So, what is it?" "You have a new body guard. I think you may know him." "What? I don't know-" "You do. Just wait."

So Sheila went out to get my "new body guard". Seriously? Do I really need a body guard? I mean, I'm 17! Turning 18 to be exact. I do NOT need a body guard.

The door suddenly opens and this tall guy comes in. His hair is a bit long, his eyes are a chocolatey brown, and his complexion is more like mine "Asian-ish" or "tan-ish". Handsome? Yes. Do I know him? Yes.

"Hello Ria." He says. "Hello Bryce." I say. "Where's Briana?" I ask. "She's here. She will be with you in your studies. Your teacher in combat and battle." I nod. Briana comes in. She has the same hair as Bryce except hers is longer and edged with purple highlights. She has fierce brown eyes yet a kind smile.

They were both wearing spy-like outfits. Bryce had on a black leather jacket over his v-neck navy blue camouflage patterned shirt, black camo pants, and the occasional combat boots. Briana practically wore the same thing. A long, black, leather jacket, dark maroon shirt inside, black and dark purple camouflaged patterned pants and black combat boots with maroon colored laces.

These were my best friends. We were always together. Through my childhood years, we were very close. Up until the year my father died. After my dad died, my mom made my two best friends move. I never did get to say goodbye. I had no one left to love and care for and no one to care for me until Sheila came.

You see, my mom is very busy. And when I say very, I mean very. She never sees me unless it's my birthday. And when she does see me, she just says "happy birthday dear!" And gives me my gift then hurries off. She never lets me outside the castle. Do I try? Oh yes. I am trained for combat and battle. I am a princess who is unlike any other. I do not practice diction, etiquette, or style. Aside from the main subjects, I practice battle skills, survival, and combat. But I never made it out of the castle.

My mom has a way of knowing. She'll always tell me after catching me, "You don't need to go to the outside world my dear. Everything you need is here." I just tell her that I understand. Even though I don't. What's the point of letting me train to fight when I'm not even allowed to get out of the castle?

"Ria? Is it ok if Briana shares your room?" Sheila asked me. "Sure! I haven't seen her in 11 years! We need to catch up. And I miss my two best friends." "We missed you too. We do have a lot to tell you. But please don't get upset. You have missed a lot." Briana said. "Yeah I know. I'm not allowed to go outside the castle anymore. Ever since you moved. I am so missing out."

So Briana and I moved her things in to the room and I helped her unpack.

"What do you want to share first?" I asked as we settled on my bed. "I think it's best that we wait for Bryce." "Oh, okay." "You go first."

So I tell her about my life ever since they moved. "It's more of a boring life actually. I do the same thing every day. I eat breakfast, have math, science, and language in the morning, eat lunch, then battle the whole afternoon till dinner. I try to escape from this prison of a castle sometimes, but I just can't get away. Mom always has a way of finding out."

"Really? I wonder how she does that. I mean, what good is your training if you can't apply it?" Briana asked. "I know right? That's the exact same question I was asking. But to no one in particular." "Hahaha" "So-" I started but was cut off.

"Hey! What are you guys talking about?" Bryce asked. "Umm, my life, actually." "Really? Can I join in?" "Actually, it's really boring, so we can just discuss that later." "Okay." Wow. I can't believe I'm saying this, after just a few hours, but, I feel a strong bond growing inside of me, right now. The bond, with the feeling like nothing, and I mean, nothing will get in the way of taking my friends away from me ever again.