Chapter 14

Today is the last day I stay at the castle. The days flew by so quickly. I enjoyed the 2 weeks.

"Thank you for inviting me to stay here." I tell Andrew. "No problem. Glad we could settle this." He said. "Thank you for coming, Ria. We really enjoyed your presence here." Queen Mariana said to me as she hugged me. "I enjoyed my time here too." I say hugging her back. "I hope you can visit us again." King Raymond said while giving me a firm handshake. "I hope you can defeat my mother. I know that she's my mom, but this isn't right." I say. "Thank you for your support. We'll do our best." King Raymond said putting his hand on my shoulder. I nod.

"Goodbye Ria. I enjoyed spending time with you." Andrew said. I gave him a hug then said my goodbyes. I climbed into the carriage.

A few minutes later, I arrived at home.

I entered. No one was there.

"Mary! Where is everyone?" I asked one of the maids. "I don't know Ria." She said. I looked around the house, which took me like, nearly an hour. I went outside to the garden where I was tackled by someone behind me. I turned around and saw Lia. We laughed. I hugged her back. Briana and Sheila came up and I ran and gave them a hug too. "I missed you all." I said. "Even if it was only 2 weeks?" Uncle Reggie said as he came out behind the trees with Aunt Tasha. I laughed and said yes. I ran and gave them both big hugs.

I looked around for a specific guy. "Looking for someone?" I turned around and saw Bryce at the other end of the garden. I guess it was obvious. I ran and gave him a hug. "Hey there sissy." He says. "Sissy?" "Yeah. You said I'm like your big brother remember? So I'll call you sissy. Is that ok?" "It's ok." We let go and I share my experience at the castle. From the time I saw my temporary room to my goodbyes today. After, we all had lunch.

I swam again with my friends. How I missed them. I know that it was just 2 weeks, but these are my best friends. I don't want to lose them. Ever.

We enjoyed bathing then ate dinner while watching a movie. Again.

We slept at 11pm.

The next morning after breakfast, I was sitting in between Briana and Bryce with Lia on the other side of Briana. Sheila was talking with Aunt Tasha while Uncle Reggie went to the castle for his job.

We were laughing until Aunt Tasha and Sheila came. "We have something to tell you and confirm. Ria, your mother's forces are getting stronger. And so yes, it's true." Sheila said. I felt like my face was glued. I just sat there. Bryce and Briana put their arms around me.

"Madame, someone's asking for you." Mary said. "Excuse me for a while." Aunt Tasha said as she hurriedly went to the front door.

"No!" I heard her scream. We all stood up and went in the house. She was being carried by a man in a mask. He laid her on a couch then men from behind us closed the door and we were all surrounded. "Mother!" Lia said as she ran to Aunt Tasha. Briana, Bryce, Sheila and I looked at our opponents.

"Who are you?" Sheila asked with a stern voice. "It's none of your business." A guy said. We were knocked out by gas.

We all woke up in my castle. Wait. MY castle? No. No. This can't be.

"Riaviona. I am disappointed in you." A women's voice came from behind me. My friends and I were tied to chairs. She came in front of me. I stared with hatred. "Mother." I said with a snarl. "Don't treat me like that, Ria. You don't know what you're doing." She said. I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Suit yourself." She says. "And Sheila. I am most disappointed in you." Sheila looks at her with hatred as well. Mother looked at Briana and Bryce. It took a while, but she finally recognized them.

"Well, look who'e come to "visit" mom says. They look down. "Where's Lia?" I whisper to Sheila. "They didn't take her. I saw her with Tasha before I became unconscious." Sheila whispered back. "Good." I say.

"You two shouldn't have come back here." My mother says with an edge in her voice. "Why mother?" I ask. "Because I had banned them." "But why? Why did you ban them? Why did you keep me locked up here? Why?" I yelled at her while fighting my bonds.

"Because I didn't want anyone that your father liked here." She roared back at me. "Why? What really happened to dad? And grandma and

Grandpa?" I asked. "I couldn't stand the way your father ruled the kingdom. And so I tried to make him fall for me. And he did. 8 years later, I got tired of waiting. I decided to put things in my own hands. I poisoned your father. And since your grandparents knew and started spreading it, I canceled them out too. Those who knew, I put them out of the picture. Including their parents." She said pointing to my twin friends. "What?!" I yell. "Do not interrupt! I'm not yet done. I didn't want you to become associated with them anymore, and so I banned them to Legi. And now, here we are. Some people knew what happened and had escaped. I didn't want to track them down, so I let them go. And now they spread things. I didn't want you to know, so I forbid you from going outside. Now, what's your choice Ria? Do you want to obey mommy? Or experience what these kidnappers will?" She asks with a threatening smile. "You will never take them away from me." I say. "Watch me." And with that, she leaves us in cells in the dungeon. Briana and Bryce and Sheila and I.