Chapter 6

"Where are we?" I asked as I looked around.

"I have no idea." Sheila answered. We were in a darker part of the forest. No one else seemed to be here. No animals or people at all.

"What are we gonna do?" Briana asked. "Why don't we go back to the creek and follow it to the path." Bryce suggested. "I don't think we can find our way back." I said. We all moved towards each other wanting the comfort of another human being. "You're right." He said as he took my hand. We were all in a straight, horizontal line. We thought. I tried to think. Nothing. I'm lost.

"My ladies?" Buff man called out. "Oh great! My heroes." Briana said under breath. I laughed knowing she didn't like them. Buff man and his riders came out of the trees and led us back to the creek.

We followed the creek on this side, the side with no path, for another two hours. After our long ride, we stopped again, thankfully. We made camp. I walked along the trees wanting some alone time. I had a strange feeling about these men.

"Ria! Wait!" Bryce ran up to me. "Hey." I said. "I have something to tell you." He said. "He means, WE actually." Briana said as she came up and put her hands on her hips. "So what is it?" I asked.

"These men know who you are." Bryce said. "What?!" I exclaimed. Bryce put his hand over my mouth. "Get your filthy hand off my mouth, Bryce!" I said as I pushed his hand away. "First of all, my hands are not filthy. Second, yes. They know. We heard them talking while we tied our horses." He said. "They were saying that you looked like the missing princess. And Buff man said you are." Briana said. "We need to leave their escort soon." Sheila said as she came up to us. "We will. Once we reach Legi, we'll stay at Tasha's place." Briana said. "Tasha?" I asked clearly confused. "Your aunt." She told me. I stood there with my open ready to catch a fly.

"Yes. Your dad's sister. Your mother-" Sheila started off. "Banned her? I get it." I said.

We quit talking because Buff man came along. "The kingdom of Legi is only a few more miles away. We'll be there by lunch tomorrow. If there are no more distractions." He said. He bowed then motioned for us to follow him back to camp. We followed. Not because of him, but because of the food we smelled.

We ate dinner, then washed up and prepared to sleep. I'm a bit scared actually. I can't remember seeing my aunt. And if Buff man and his gang know who I am, what's gonna happen? Are they going to turn me in?