Chapter 2

When dinner time arrived, we all sat down. We were alone again. Ugh. I hate it when I can't see my mom. But the good thing is, it wouldn't have to be awkward. Ever get the feeling when you met someone new or sat with someone you haven't seen in a long time, and you start talking, like say hi, then it gets quiet and awkward? Well, that's what I think would happen with me and my mon.

Anyway, we talked. And ate. And talked. And talked. And ate. And did the same thing over and over again. Boring. Until I was asked a question I didn't want to answer.

"So Ria?" Bryce asked. "Yeah?" "What do you think about our plan?" He asked me. "Oh yeah. The Plan. Umm..." I wasn't sure yet. As much as I'd love to be free and out, I just really don't want to leave yet until I know the truth. But if I ask my mom, two things might happen. Either she fakes it, or she finds out The Plan. What kind of name is "The Plan" anyway?

The Plan was simple if you actually looked at it. We were to sneak out at midnight during the shifting of the guards. Then, we'd get meet the advisors on an air field at the edge of town, and take a ride to Midway Forest where we'll be meeting "friends."

I'm not so sure about this. I mean, it seems to simple. I mean, every time I plan to break out, it gets so complicated.

"Ria?" Briana asked. "You're slipping into space again." "Huh? Oh. Right. Umm, yeah. I'll go with it. When do we leave again?" I said. "We leave tomorrow at midnight." Bryce said. "Right." I replied.

I stood up and went to my room to pack. I packed up basic things. Like, an extra shirt, pants, and stuff, a blanket, a first aid kit, rope, and a toothbrush, toothpaste and stuff.

I stuffed them all in my sling bag, and shouldered my bow and arrows. I sheathed my knife too.

I went up to the mirror and looked at myself. I was wearing my favorite outfit. A dark purple shirt, my thigh length black leather jacket (with a hood), my black and plum camouflage pants, and my boots. I turned side ways and looked at myself. I looked okay. I would blend in with the night.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Yeah? I mean, who is it?" I asked as I took off my bow and arrows and unsheathed my knife and kicked them under the bed. "It's me. Briana." "Just you?" I asked. "Okay, okay. And Bryce." "I knew it. Come in guys." I said. I sat on the bed and pulled out my weapons again.

"Looks like someone's ready 5 hours early." Bryce joked. I punched him on the shoulder. "At least I'm ready." I said smugly at him. "Hey well I'm ready too." He said standing up, imitating me by putting his arms on his sides too. I stuck my tongue out.

"Hey, love birds, sit down. We have to discuss again." Briana said with a teasing smile. "We are NOT love birds." I said. "Okay." She said with a shrug.

We sat down and "discussed."