B· 10:05PM

Daveed had retreated to his dressing room after Alex found out. Alex kept painting on the set.

"Alex, do you want me to buy a pizza?"

"I'm not hungry." Alex responded. She finished her section and walked to the pit again. She settled behind the piano and began playing the beginning of 'What Did I Miss?' Daveed walked out and began singing. Alex kept playing, and Daveed joined her in the pit. He sat next to her and played the line an octave higher. Alex smiled to Daveed, and kept playing. She quickly shifted her hands, reaching across his to begin playing It's Quiet Uptown. He moved over and carried the line as Alex responded by beginning to sing. She walked to the other piano and began playing along with him, making sure to hit the harmonies that went along with his piano.

"Alex, you're amazing." Daveed said when they hit the last chord. She shrugged off the compliment and began playing "Seasons of Love" from RENT. She sang softly and sang the entire song. Daveed pulled out his phone, without Alex knowing, and began recording it.

He sent it to Renée, with a message saying, 'I thought you two were having a sleep over.' 'Aah, you've figured me out.' Renée shot back.

Alex's phone made a noise, and she stopped playing to check it. It was a message from Renée. It read, '20 bucks says you can't kiss him by the end of the night.' 'I'm not going to take bets on my or his love life.' 'Okay, just kiss him.'

"Oh, Renée thinks we should be a couple too?"

"What do you mean too?"

"Oak, Lin, and Pippa do too."

"Really? What are the wages?"

"50 says we're together by the end of the month, 20 by the end of the week." Daveed responded. His phone dinged. "Pizza's here." He stood up and walked to the door, where he received the pizza. He carried it to the stage and they ate together. He took a picture of their feet together, the box of pizza next to Daveed, and his hand on her knee. Daveed sent it to the cast group chat, and they sat and waited for the responses.

Lin: Who is that? Can't be Alex, she's with Renée.
Renée: Get it, Daveed!
Pippa: Finally!
Thayne: Are they at the theatre?
Lin: THAT'S MY SISTER! DIGGS!
Daveed: you have to wait til morning to see us.
Lin: If you do anything to her, I s2g I will kill you.
Daveed: I'm not going to touch her, I promise.

Daveed showed Alex the messages, and she laughed, covering her mouth so pizza wouldn't spew out. She finished eating her first piece and reached for another. Daveed slid it away, making Alex fall across her lap. She straightened and threw her leg across his lap, he froze and grabbed her hips to steady her. She grabbed a piece of pizza and set down on his legs. He let go of her hips and grabbed his fourth piece. He leaned back on his forearms, staring at Alex.

"Comfy?"

"You should take a picture and send it to Lin." Alex looked away and laughed at the idea of Lin's response. Daveed quickly snapped the picture while she was laughing and looking away, making sure to make it visible that she was sitting on his legs. She turned and he froze.

"You said to take a picture."

"Touche." Alex responded. She moved to sit back down next to him, but he grabbed her hips.

"Stay." Alex shrugged and stayed resting on Daveed's thighs. Her phone began ringing, and she read Lin's name on the caller I.D.