S· 5:45AM

Alex woke up to groans coming from the other bedroom. Daveed was still snoring, and Alex knew those were groans of pain, not of pleasure. She walked quietly to the kitchen, grabbing an ice pack, then to the living room, grabbing her heating pad that she had left on the bottom shelf of Daveed's bookcase, then to the spare room he ran. She stopped in the hallway to grab ibuprofen and a bottle of water from the mini fridge. Alex pushed the door open and walked in, seeing Angel on her side, in a ball, holding her stomach. The trashcan was next to her bed, but the room didn't smell like vomit, so Alex inched closer.

"Angel? It's Alex... I brought some stuff to help you."

"You-you did?"

"Yeah. I forgot how terrible cramps were, but I brought ice, a heating pad, some pain meds, and a bottle of water."Alex sat next to her and plugged both the heating pad and the small standing fan on. She turned it to oscillate around, covering her whole body which was sweating, and she placed the heating pad, which was warming up, on her stomach. She sat Angel up enough to take the medicine and drink the water, then laid her back down, propping her head up with pillows.

"Thank you, Alex."

"It's no problem. I'm the casts nurse, so it is easy for me to take care of you."

"Do you have a nursing degree?"

"I was in home health care when I was in high school, so I got a bachelor's degree, but I didn't pursue that, I pursued music." Alex rubbed the cold ice pack against Angel's forehead, causing her to sigh.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry, Alex. I didn't know Daveed hadn't told you I was staying here, so it must have painted a bad picture when I came downstairs wearing sweats and his hoodie."

"It wasn't, but I understand."

"Thank you, Alex, you're a life saver."

"It's no problem, really, Angel. If you need anything, please yell, I am only a room away."

"Alex!" Daveed yelled from the other room.

"I'll be right there, babe." Alex yelled back, just loud enough for Daveed to hear, but not too loud the hurt Angel's ears.

"Go, get your Prince charming. I'll talk to you in a couple hours." The door was pushed open, and Daveed walked in.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Angel isn't feeling too well, I was taking care of her, and I was on my way back right as soon as you came in."

"Okay, baby." Daveed walked over and brushed his hand across Angel's forehead. "She has a fever."

"No, her body temperature is naturally higher during this week."

"Oh, it's... Shark Week?"

"Yep." Angel said, and winced.

"Well, Angel, the pain medicine should kick in soon, and ill talk to you in the morning. Leave the fan on you so you don't feel like you're on fire. Heating pad needs to be a 20-10 cycle, twenty minutes on, ten minutes off. I'll be back to check on you in an hour." Alex glanced to the bedside table, and the analog clock. 5:45AM. This is why Daveed was confused. It was too early for Alex to usually be out of bed.

Alex stood. "Dont forget to drink your water, Angel, it will keep you cool and hydrated. If you need anything, yell."

"I will, Alex, thanks." Alex and Daveed walked out of the room and walked into their bedroom. Alex set an alarm on her phone to be up with Angel at six.