L· 3:20PM

It was two days later. Daveed had packed up his stuff from his dressing room and left the cast. Alex had taken three home pregnancy tests, two of which read positive. She refused to tell Daveed or to let any of the other cast members tell Daveed. She set up a doctor's appointment.

Alex approached Leslie after practice one day. "Les, I have a doctor's appointment to see if I am pregnant, could you go with me?"

"Yeah, what time is the appointment?"

"3:30, but I need to be there ten minutes early."

"Okay, let's go now." Alex grabbed Leslie's hand for reassurance. They walked to the car after yelling goodbye to everyone. They arrived to the doctors office at exactly 3:20PM and entered quickly. She signed in, and was quickly called back. They ran a urine and a blood test, and the doctor returned to give her the news she had been waiting for.

"May I ask who is with you?"

"My close friend, Leslie."

"Is he..."

"No, the father is not present in my life right now."

"Oh, my apologies. And, to confirm your suspicions, yes, there is a child. To estimate, you will be due around December." It was nearing April. Leslie pulled her into his arms as she covered her face with her hands. He held her tightly by the waist.

"Do you need a work pass?"

"No, sir. Thank you." Leslie said, standing and leading Alex out. They walked to Leslie's car again, and he drove her to the theatre, where everyone was getting ready for the show. Alex ran to Lin and hugged him, crying.

"What's up, doll?"

"I just needed a hug from my big brother. Can we talk after the show?"

"Of course, doll." Lin said, rubbing her shoulders. "Your swing is on tonight, so you can relax in the cast room." He rubbed her shoulders. "Go take some time to yourself, and Thayne has been wanting to take you out to dinner."

"Maybe tomorrow night. Have him talk to me."

"I will. Go relax." Lin kissed her forehead. She turned and walked to the cast room, where she laid down on one of the big beanbag chairs, it was big enough to hold 2 people comfortable. She closed her eyes and plugged her headphones in, Daveed's voice from interviews and songs keeping her peaceful during the hectic time.

She woke up after the show was over to someone gently rubbing her arm. She opened her eyes to see Leslie, asleep, absentmindedly rubbing her arm as she cuddled him.

"Les, wake up, let's go." He opened his eyes slightly. "I need to tell Lin."

Leslie nodded. "Do you want me to be there when you tell him?"

"Yes, please." They climbed out of the beanbag and walked to Lin's dressing room. He was sitting at his makeup table, cleaning it off.

"Hey, doll, what did you need to talk to me about?"

"It's really serious, and I don't want you to be angry." Leslie held her hand gently, squeezing to let her know he was right behind her.

"Tell me, baby Miranda."

"You know how Daveed took me to olive garden the night after we started dating?"

"Yes?"

"That night, we... we had sex, and then we broke up less than a week after that. Leslie took me to the doctors earlier, and they told me that I am expecting."

"You... Baby... Uncle Lin..." Lin's face went pale and he started to fall backwards.