PROLOGUE

HARRY

I always thought that love was the most powerful thing in the world. I could see the love between my mum and dad, the unshared words passed between them, the knowing glances, the mischievous smiles. After all ,they were mates and mates were supposed to love each other. A shiver ran over me like it always did whenever I thought about my mate. I was hoping my whole being on our love.

~

''Harry , sweetheart wake up!'' My mum's melodic voice echoed across my room. But I was already awake, I could feel my blood rushing all over in anticipation for I was now turning seventeen, which means I will be finding my mate soon. My wolf hummed in agreement. I pulled a jumper on and went downstairs .

''Happy Birthday Harry!'' My family greeted me. Mum ushered me into the dining table, which was filled with goodies and presents. Dad thumped me on my back and declared his wishes. My phone rang and I retrieved it form  the coffee table. It was my older sister Gemma and her mate Percy , who was the Alpha of the Blood riders . They had all turned up here, to wish me a happy birthday  and  luck in finding my mate. I thanked them all and dug into the heavenly pancakes my mum made.

After gobbling down the breakfast , I took out my bag and hurried out towards my old Ford Mustang , from my grandpa had died last year.It y mom walked me out with words of luck and warnings for my mate. 

My dad though made only one mention about it,'' Use protection Harry''. Which just made me blush like a tomato puree. Little did I know that it was all in vain.

~

I greeted my other nerdy friends Taylor and her mate Lucas . Taylor gave me a peck and cheered me on finding my mate. I just laughed at Lucas's bewildered expression as she kissed me. We all made to our classes after that.

--And that students is how you make your statistics grow'' Mr. Lourd , our Business management teacher concluded the class. We all thanked him  and left the suffocating room in relief.

Taylor met up with Lucas and I in front of the cafeteria and inquired me with a lift of eyebrows. I just nodded my head at her in denial. When in the world will I find my mate?

I took a tray and grabbed an apple. And then it hit me. The smell, like freshly mown grass layered with dewdrops, a woodsy smell, musky with just a hint Roasted Almonds, the perfect addiction. My mouth watered at the smell and I could feel my wolf stir at the smell. 

''What is the smell?'' I asked Lucas. 

He shrugged,''Maybe the apple ?''he offered.

I shook my head and sniffed again , the smell was gone. Weird.

The rest of the school went by in a blur and before I know its over. I waved at Taylor and Lucas after inviting them over at my place and went over to my car.

I decided to go the local store to buy the ingredients to bake a rich dark chocolate sponge cake, one of my favorites, for my birthday. I mean, I love to bake, it bought me a sense of calmness.

I parked my car over at the dark parking lot, ignoring the rugged bikers at its end, they always seemed to linger here. But no one dare question them because they were the powerful kids, I mean who would want to go against the Alpha? And the Tomlinsons were the definitions of the proper Alpha Family.

I climbed out of the car and instantly staggered because the scent I smelled before was so much powerful here. My wolf was practically scaling at my skin to come out and we both knew now that it must be our mate.I hurriedly turned over at them,  but no one seemed to have the smell.