Chapter4: He's Gone

TOBIAS EATON IS IN FRONT OF ME. MY BOYFRIEND IS IN FRONT OF ME. But he doesn't seem happy to see me. He seems cold, emotionless. As if I don't know him. As if I am not in love with him.

Pretty soon we are joined by Christina. She was the third jumper, following a dauntless born who introduced himself as Uriah. As Christina greets me, Four seems quite annoyed. After the rest of the iniates jump we are divided, transfers and dauntless born.

Us transfer are taken on a tour by the former Toby, now known as Four. As he introduces himself, Chris makes a Candor crack about his name. He responds viciously. What has happened to you?

He shows us the pit and the chasm. They are both so amazing. Dauntless life is amazing. But Toby stays on my mind. The man giving us a tour is so hard. He has built so many walls. Walls he used to have has been reinforced. I used to be able to pass through those walls but this time I don't know. These walls are at least ten feet thick and twice as tall.

I have decided to separate these two people- Tobias and Four. The boy and the man. The Abnegation and the dauntless.

Now we are so different, but our roots cross paths and your roots ground you, hold you in place. Forget your roots, and yourself. My roots are engraved on my soul, but what happened to his?

I have only seen Four because Tobias,

He's Gone

Sorry it's short but I have been working on some other stories so ya...