Chapter 11: Playing With Knives

The YouTube video is not mine I just like it.

I walk into the training room, and a smile plays on my lips, knife throwing.

"Watch up here," Tobias calls. No, not Tobias, Four. My dream last night must have messed with my head. Four does not care about me and never will.

He stands in the form to throw the knife and I watch him. Only an if it would focus on the knife.

A minute after he throws the knife, I look to the board. I wanted to memorize the follow through.

Dead center.

The rest of the initiates look to be extremely amazed by this. Peter in particular looks to be trying a fish impression. It doesn't look attractive in him.

Four sets us loose to line up at whatever board we wish, after each grabbing three knives.

I mime the motion to get a feel of the angle.

"Hey stiff," Peter yells. " ever heard of a knife? "

I pick a knife up and without looking, chuck it into the target, I hope I didn't miss.

I slowly turn to the human silhouette, afraid of the outcome being something bad.

Right on the head, dead center.

"Hey Candor," I tell back. "Ever heard of a target?"

Everyone is staring at me, but I pretend not to notice.

I throw another knife.

Right in the heart.

I'm just so greatful that Eric is not here today.

------------------ His name is Hendrick ----------------

That changes after lunch.

We walk in, and my eyes snap to his figure in the corner right away.

He's watching. For what, I don't know. But I do know one thing, he doesn't know either.

I walk back up to my board, trying not to draw attention to myself. That was one thing I never could do in Abnegation, blend in. There I was an outlier because I was different. Now I am because I'm the stiff. In other words different.

I don't know how to describe how I am different.

Divergent, the back of my head whispers.

Shut up, I respond.

"Any day now, stiff," I hear Eric day from behind me, snapping me away from my thoughts.

I just now noticed he was behind me.

I aim, take a deep breath and

Throw.

Bullseye.

"Do it again in the heart instead of the head," Eric commands.

I do.

Bullseye.

Eric knows he will loose this battle, no matter it is that he says. He walks away.

And as I watch him go, I feel as if I'm being watched.

I glance around, then make eye contact with Four.

----------- Marrygold Lestchester ------------

Al has yet to hit the target.

(You know the dialogue between Al and Eric)

Al walks to the target. He is level with the head.

Four draws back, only to be interrupted by a voice.

"Stop," the voice commands.

It takes me a few seconds to realise the voice belongs to me.

Oh crap.

I'm done for.

"Anyone can stand in front of a target," I continue without my brain's consent. "It just means that you're bullying us. And if I remember correctly... Bullying is an act of cowardice."

I need to shut up.

"If so..." He dangerously replies. "You wouldn't mind taking his place."

I nod.

I know that I'm now

Playing with knives.

Around 549 words!!!!!!!!!!!!! Longest yet!!!!!!! Please comment.