Chapter 32: Will You Marry Me?

We all cheer in response. Even Tobias is smiling, although he's looking at me, not Uriah.

"I choose... Shaunna. Truth or dare future sister in law."

Zeke and Shaunna blush at the last part, but she doesn't miss a beat as she declares, "Dare"

"Let the games begin," Will comments.

"I dare you to let me make you a drink," he says, standing up.

I really hope that she won't barf when he comes back with it. But for now, we resume the game.

"Number one," she addresses. "Truth or dare?"

It takes me a second to realize that she's talking about me, but I respond with the only appropriate answer, "I am dauntless, am I not?"

"That you are my little ex-stiff," Zeke interjects.

The comment makes Chris, Marlene and Shaunna laugh.

I hear a blender go off in the kitchen, and Shaunna swallows. The poor human.

"I was hoping for truth so we could find out about your scandal." She raises her eyebrows. "But instead I dare you to go propose to Eric."

"I'm down. Who's witnessing."

After about a ten minute argument, it's decided that only Shaunna and I will go so it's not suspicious, but she'll try to video it, if not, record our voices.

We walk around the compound, and finally find Eric at the net. He's alone.

I walk up to him, and take his hands in mine, doing so as awkwardly as I possibly can.

"Eric, although we've not known each other for very long, nor have we gotten along very well, I'm in love with you. And now I ask you

Will you marry me?"

Sorry for the kind of click bait