Someone Jealous?

Word Count: 649

Fandom: Sherlock

Pairing: Sherlock Holmes x Reader

Request (s): None

Warning (s): None

A/N: This was kind of a spur of the moment idea that I had and wanted to share. Enjoy!

"(Y/N), is that really you?" A voice called out. The girl turned to look for the speaker. Her eyes landed on a blond haired man with a tan complexion. Guessing by his accent, he was very clearly American.

"Jacob? What are you doing at a crime scene?" She asked, walking over to him.

"I was a witness, but that isn't important. How are you? It's been so long since we last spoke," he said.

"I'm wonderful. What are you doing in London?" She said.

"I moved here for my job," he explained.

"Oh, that's good. How about Matthew? You two still going strong?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah. That weirdo is still with me. He moved here with me. Surprising, I know. Honestly, I don't understand how he puts up with me. I'm insane," Jacob jested.

"Brilliant, you two are cute," she said.

"What about you? Any new relationships?" Jacob asked. She blushed and nodded.

"Yeah, actually. I guess I finally found my fish," she said, twisting the ring on her finger.

"Oh, my goodness! You're engaged, how adorable is that! Is he a good guy?" Jacob asked.

"Yes, he's great," she said, looking down, embarrassed.

Sherlock watched from afar as (Y/N) talked to the blond man. His heart clenched in his chest as she blushed when he spoke. He could hear someone talking to him, probably Lestrade, but it was a dull background noise that he paid no mind to. He'd had enough of this man talking to his girl, so he walked over to them.

"Oh, Sherlock! Hello," (Y/N) said when he came over to her. He placed his arm around her small shoulders.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"This is Jacob! I met him a few years ago while working on a case in the US," she exclaimed.

"Pleasure," Sherlock said, nodding. On the outside, he looked collected, but (Y/N) could tell from one glance he was reluctant to be polite to the blond man in front of him.

"The pleasure is all mine," he said, flirtatiously. "This is the man you were talking about, (Y/N)? He is hot."

"Yeah, I guess," she blushed again. Sherlock smiled down at her. He was a good ten centimetres taller.

"You better treat her well, Mister. Or else you'll have to answer to me," Jacob joked.

"I doubt there will be a problem," Sherlock smirked and (Y/N) laughed.

"Well, it was fantastic catching up with you, (Y/N). We should talk more. I'll see you around," Jacob said before walking off.

"Bye Jake," she called after him, waving.

"Jake?" Sherlock asked once he was gone.

"It's just a nickname, Sherlock," she explained. He hummed in response.

He took his arm off her shoulders and leant down to plant a kiss upon her lips.

"What was that for?" She asked. He had never been one for public displays of affection, but she wasn't complaining.

"Just claiming what's mine," he said softly. She laughed.

"Someone jealous?" She teased.

"He sure was. I think Jason liked you," he explained.

"Jacob," (Y/N) corrected.

"Whatever," Sherlock shrugged.

"Sherlock, Jake is gay," she laughed as her lovers face contorted into one of confusion. He had been so busy being protective that he missed all the signs that he usually would have picked up on. The way Jacob spoke, the way he dressed, the way he walked, were all clear indicators.

"Oh Sher, you can be so oblivious sometimes," (Y/N) smiled.

"Shut up," he muttered.

"C'mon Mister Holmes. Let's focus on the case. You need a distraction, you jealous goof," (Y/N) quipped. He nodded, placing another kiss on her cheek.

"Yes, ma'am," he spoke, grasping her hand.