Painting Music

Word Count: 587

Fandom: Sanders Sides

Pairing: Prinxiety

Request(s): None

Warning(s): None

A/N: Something short and sweet to brighten your day!

"What are we doing, Ro?" Virgil asked for the umpteenth time. Roman smiled, grabbing his hand again and dragging up him up into the attic.

"I told you, already," Roman said.

"Yeah but 'something fun' is not a very clear answer," Virgil sighed. Roman placed his hands over Virgil's eyes and helped him walk forward on the wooden attic floor. He quickly removed his hands and revealed the scene to his anxious boyfriend. Two easels were set up with pallets of every colour imaginable and an ancient CD player set on a table nearby.

"We're painting music!" Roman exclaimed.

"Painting music? What's that supposed to mean?" Roman didn't answer the question, just pressing a button on the CD player to turn on the songs. Nym by Phlux. Just a soft beat. No real words. Just sounds.

"Just let the music wisp you away," Roman said, grabbing a paintbrush and shoving it in Virgil's hand.

"Huh?" Virgil asked. Once again, Roman didn't respond. Instead, the royal walked over to his easel and started to move his brush around, not caring what the end result would be. He'd figure it out on the way out.

Virgil watched as Roman worked, he could see him paint a single line and start a random image from it. At first, it was a table. Then there was a stereo. Then there was an outline of a person. The anxious side looked down at his canvas, deciding to try and go with it. He dipped his paintbrush in the blue on his pallet, closing his eyes and placing a stroke on the blank canvas. He opened his eyes and attempted to work from the line he'd created. He tried turning it into a bench, adding trees and clouds in the sky. But it didn't feel quite right.

Virgil sighed. What was the point of this? He wasn't the creative side, Roman was. So why did Princey bring him here? Anxiety glanced over at Roman's canvas, shocked at how much he'd managed to paint in one song. The song changed, now playing Siren by April. What was this CD? A mixtape?

"How do you do that?" Virgil asked. Roman turned around to look at the nervous man.

"Do what?"

"That," Virgil motioned towards the painting. Roman just smiled and shrugged. "Teach me how to do that."

Roman sauntered over to Virgil, placing his hands on the other's, dragging them to the canvas with the paintbrush in hand. "Let the music take you somewhere, Virge."

"Take me where?" Virgil queried.

"Anywhere," Roman replied, guiding Virgil's hand on the canvas, helping him create the autumn trees in the park scene.

"Where is the music taking you?" Virgil asked, shaking off Roman's guidance and setting down his brush. Roman wrapped his arms around the other's waist, resting his head on Virgil's shoulder and gazing at the painting.

"Exactly where I want to be," Roman replied, placing a kiss above Virgil's ear.

"What if I want to be there with you?" Anxiety inquired, turning around in Roman's embrace to face him. Roman leaned down, his nose brushing up against Virgil's.

"You already are," he smiled, pressing his lips to Virgil's, capturing the other's breath, easing his worries, even if for just a moment.