I Hate You, I Love You

Word Count: 1260

Fandom: Sanders Sides

Pairing: Prinxiety (sort of)

Request(s): None, although the original idea for this fic came from my amigo @insert-epic-blogger-name-here (on tumblr)

Warning(s): Angst

A/N: Hop aboard the angst train and strap on in because it's about to be a bumpy ride. Also, I apologize in advance for my awful songfic style writing. I tried, I really did. 

Virgil sat on the floor of his room, back pressed up against his door. It had been weeks, why was he still upset? Roman had moved on, so he should too. He pressed the volume button on his headphones, blasting the song even louder than before. The others could probably hear the music through the door.

Feeling used, but I'm

Still missing you and I can't

See the end of this

Just wanna feel your kiss against my lips

And now all this time is passing by

But I still can't seem to tell you why

It hurts me every time I see you

Realize how much I need you

The words drowned out the sobs that pushed through his chest, leaving his heart shattered on the floor. He remembered the times when Roman used to bound into his room, a bouquet of flowers in hand and a brilliant date idea for the two of them. He recalled how Roman would grab his hand and pull him into a spontaneous hug whenever he felt like it. How he'd sing love songs through the walls just to make Virgil smile, even if he couldn't see it. Back when Virgil still held his affections. But Roman has his eyes on someone else now.

I hate you, I love you

I hate that I love you

Don't want to, but I can't put

Nobody else above you

I hate you, I love you

I hate that I want you

You want him, you need him

And I'll never be him

Roman stood, pacing from his dresser to his bed, staring down at his hands. Staring at a photograph. The small piece of paper was all he had left. Just a tiny square to help him remember all the good times they'd had.

Virgil was smiling, a small but real smile, loosely holding a video game controller and looking directly at the camera. Roman was sitting behind him on the couch, his arms hung around the anxious Side's shoulders, lips pressed up against his cheek. A microscopic memory, but somehow, it still meant so much to the prince.

I miss you when I can't sleep

Or right after coffee or right when I can't eat

I miss you in my front seat

Still got sand in my sweater

From nights we don't remember

Do you miss me like I miss you?

Messed around and got attached to you

Friends can break your heart too

And I'm always tired but never of you