Is that My Shirt?

Word Count: 559

Fandom: X-men

Pairing: Hank McCoy x Reader

Request(s): None

Warning(s): None

A/N: Just some adorable Hank. It's not short, it's fun sized! Enjoy!

"Pass me the hydrochloric acid, please," she said, not looking up from her microscope.

"Busy," he responded, running about the lab like a madman. She sighed, moving to reach for it herself. He didn't see her behind him and be backed up into her. She cried out as the beaker of acid spilt all over her shirt. He turned towards her, alarmed. He looked as panicked as she felt.

"Crap," she muttered, keeping her cool.

"Oh, god. I'm so sorry. What can I do to help?" He exclaimed, frozen in his tracks.

"Shut up, I got this," she hurried over to the extra cupboard, kneeling down and grabbing a shirt. She tore off her current one, the acid beginning to burn through it, and threw on the new one. She had kept a spare supply in the lab, as he had been known to knock things over in his haste.

She sighed, looking over at her shirt, lying ruined on the laboratory floor. She stood up, brushing off her pants. She finally looked at the shirt she had pulled on and giggled to herself.

The sleeves dangled below her hands as she began to button up the plaid cloth. The bottom hung down to her legs. The red and black fabric obviously wasn't from her closet.

"Are you alright? Did it burn you?" He rushed up to her, taking her hands in hers and looking her up and down.

"I'm fine. It's all good," she smiled.

"I am so, so sorry. I didn't realise that you were behind me and I backed up into you without knowing you had the acid. I'm so glad you're okay because I don't know what I would do if you got hurt. Especially if it was my fault. And-" she cut off his endless soliloquy by crashing her lips onto his. He was caught off guard but soon relaxed and moved his hands to cup her cheeks. She pulled away shortly after for oxygen.

"Was I rambling again?" He asked nervously, She nodded, laughing.

"You're a dork," she teased.

"But I'm your dork," he said, brushing a lock of hair out of her face.

"I know," she smiled and he released her face, realising that it was getting weird. He looked her up and down one more time just to make sure she was uninjured. His eyes stopped when they reached the plaid flannel hanging off her small body.

"Is that my shirt?" He asked. Her face reddened.

"Yeah, it's the first thing I grabbed," she blushed harder and looked down, embarrassed. "Sorry."

"No, no. It looks cute on you," he grinned.

"I love you, nerd," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling herself close. He gripped the waist of the flannel and pressed up to her, eliminating any space between the pair of them.

"I love you, too, nerd," he teased just as she'd done to him. She laughed. He closed the small gap between their lips and they each enjoyed the blissful flavour of each other, wishing it could last forever.