Chocolate

Word Count: 584

Fandom: Sherlock

Pairing: Sherlock Holmes x Reader

Request (s): None

Warning (s): None

A/N: It's short but sweet. Quite literally haha. Enjoy!

"I'll have a coffee. Black," the curly haired man said. He was a regular. You were always fascinated by him. After all, he was The Great Sherlock Holmes. You did, however, find it odd that every day he would enter the little chocolate shop at exactly ten in the morning like clockwork and order the same exact thing. It wasn't even related to chocolate! You huffed in fake annoyance as you put in his order.

"Good morning to you too, Mister Holmes," you jested, attempting to raise even a tiny smile out of the man. It was no use. He pulled out his wallet to pay you but you put your hand up to indicate that he stop. He sighed and just sat on a stool next to the counter and waited for his morning coffee. "This one's on the house."

You'd think that he could make his own coffee, as far as you could tell, he was a rather wealthy man, with all the cases he solved. He should have been able to buy a coffee maker. Or just stick to tea. But you wouldn't say anything like that aloud.

You smiled to yourself as an idea crept into your head.

"One coffee for Mister Holmes," you said, walking up to the counter to hand the warm drink to him.

"(Y/N), how many times must I tell you, Sherlock will do," he spoke, taking the drink and having a small sip. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Um ... (Y/N). I do believe that this isn't coffee," he said after swallowing.

"I know," you said, smirking smugly. "This is a chocolate shop Mister Holm- I mean, Sherlock. We sell chocolate so how about some hot cocoa for once?"

"Hmm," he hummed thoughtfully. He took another sip of the drink and sighed.

"Okay, I guess it is decent."

"Decent? Oh Sherlock, have you ever had a hot cocoa before? This is the best of the best!"

"A-alright, alright. This is quite good, (Y/N)," Sherlock stammered, a blanket of pink dusting his complexion.

"Maybe you should have chocolate things more often, yeah?" You asked, jokingly.

"I guess," he mumbled, taking another drink. You smiled.

"You're the only reason I come here, you know that?" Sherlock importuned. Your smile faltered for a moment before you regained yourself.

"Why is that?" You asked.

"I enjoy talking to you. You're interesting," he explained, acting completely nonchalant.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, and so here I am with a question for you. Would you like to have dinner sometime? Maybe I could buy you a hot chocolate," he said with a smile.

"I-I would love to, Sherlock," you replied. He smiled wider and handed you his mobile to put your number into. You did so without hesitation.

"Grand. How about seven tomorrow? I could pick you up," he said, gathering himself to leave.

"That sounds perfect. See you then Sherlock," you said as he stood up.

"I'll text you later," he said, walking out the door.

You smiled to yourself as you began to busy yourself with the few customers that walked into the shop. You felt good about this, it was just what you needed. Some excitement in your monotonous life.

Oh, if only you knew what you were getting yourself into.