For Her

Word Count: 1787

Fandom: The Hunger Games

Pairing: Finnick Odair x Reader

Request(s): None

Warning(s): Angst

A/N: This was so sad to write. Hope you like it.

"(Y/N)? Where are you?" his voice was hushed as he searched around the area. He heard a weak voice call his name.

He bolted in the direction it came from, only to freeze when he saw her.

"(Y/N)!" His voice cracked as he rushed to her side, sliding onto his knees. She winced as he pulled her into his arms.

"Hey Finn," she attempted to smile. He scanned her body, feeling helpless when he noticed the large stab wound in her abdomen. The blade that inflicted the damage was nowhere to be seen.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Well, Finnick. I think it's quite obvious. I've been stabbed," she chuckled sardonically. He shook his head at her attempt to be humorous.

"I meant, who did this?" He corrected himself.

"I didn't see," she told him, coughing a bit. His mind raced as he began to truly process everything. He placed his hand the injury and pressed down, trying to stop the profuse bleeding.

"You need to go. You're out in the open," she warned him, her voice small. He shook his head.

"I'm not leaving you here," he said.

"Then take me with you, dork," she retorted. He nodded slightly, lifting her up bridal style. She leant her head on his shoulder as he took them both back to his little cave.

She sighed as she was set down in his lap on the cold stone floor.

"This is a much better place to die," she nodded. He looked at her, horrified.

"You aren't going to die," he stated, trying to sound confident. It came out as more of a question than he hoped.

"Always a joker," she smiled.

"I'm serious. You can't leave me here. Remember the plan? You and I are both leaving this arena," he reminded. She shook her head, lightly.

"Wish that was true. You know it would never happen, Finn," she said. She coughed again, causing another wince from both parties.

"I need you," he muttered. She frowned.

"Well, I need you to promise me something."

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Promise you'll live, Odair. Promise you'll win and go back to District Four and swim in the ocean and make sandcastles on the beach and catch fish with that big trident of yours, okay? I want to hear all about it when we meet up again. I've never been, you know," she told him. Tears began to well in his eyes as he realised that more colour was draining from her face, rapidly.

"You're going to be there with me," he demanded. She shook her head.

"No use in being optimistic, Odair. Now promise me," she chided him.

"I promise," he sputtered out, the feeling of panic not leaving his body. She leant her head on his chest as he pulled her closer. He was still applying pressure to her wound, so she painfully pushed his hand away.

"Please, (Y/N). Please don't do this," he stammered.

"Sorry, Finnick," she whimpered.

"I - I love you," he confided, pulling her into a hug.