I.

September 1st

September 1st. 1971.

Dear Lily Pad,

We went to leave you at the platform today, at 10:30 to be exact. Platform 9 ¾ sounds insane, but you went right through the wall, as if you had.. Wait, you do. It still hasn't really sunk in that you're well; that. I continuously sent a letter to the headmaster at your school, if I could tag along. I may seem a little naggy, but we did everything together, and I didn't want a stupid school to separate us, but it did. It was as if our worst nightmare was becoming reality now. Anyway, he said his name was Albus Dumbledore, and he reminds me a lot of Santa Claus. Remember when daddy dressed up with a long white beard, and a red suit? Mum was embarrassed of him for the rest of Christmas Day. He even made you wear a red nose, and I had to wear antlers. But anyway, Mr. Dumbledore sent some candy from your new world, so I wouldn't feel to bad, because he after all the sweet words, he laid it out that I couldn't join you at school. That I had no magic, therefore I couldn't go. That I wasn't as special as you are to mum and dad and everybody who knows you're a witch. I was non magical. I was a normal, basic girl who writes letters to her little witch sister. I tried to run right behind you, but once I arrived at the wall, you were gone before turning around and saying goodbye. I almost hit my head on the wall to hug you for the last time in a few months, but you were gone in the blink of an eye and I stood in front the place you entered, hoping you'd come back and say "see you later." But you didn't, because Mum called me and as I walked behind her, you didn't come back. I hope Hogwash treats you well. I kind of want to apologize because I called you a "freak" but looking at the wall, it was the moment that you became so. I didn't like calling you a freak, but I was so angry. I was so jealous. Because I wanted to be a freak too,maybe they're can only be one freak. I don't like that Severus boy, maybe because he is a freak. Just like you.

Signed, Petunia Evans.