IV

January 23,1972

January 23,1972

Lily,

You wouldn't shut your mouth. After so many days, you didn't know when or maybe even how to shut your mouth. It's 7 days before your birthday, and all I wish for you is for you to pay back whatever you showed off. You're gone now, and I didn't say anything because I would've gotten in trouble with mum and dad. All I was for you is that you do horrible in your classes, and that no one becomes your friend. That the long haired, greasy haired boy betrays you in one way or another. That one day, your magic gets you in so much trouble. It's a wonder on how nobody told you to stop being such a freak. You came back for a few weeks to spend the holidays with us and all you did was talk about Hogwarts. Mum and Dad were delighted to hear every single word you had wanting to say, I dreaded every second of it. Changing tea cups into frogs and vice versa. Lifting our bed sheets, trying to get my attention when I just wanted you to leave me alone. I wanted to get your stick and break it in half. You laughed and gossiped about some girls named Marlene and Dorcas. You also complained about some boys named James and Sirius. When you were packing I just wanted you to disappear as you spoke about how excited you were for your second year. Do you freaks get to disappear at the command of someone? How about us.. what you call me? Muggles?
Is it a pay back word for when I called you a freak? Muggles? You said you were labeled "muggle born". So you're not only a freak to me, but also a freak to the ones of your new world.
I don't know how to feel for you.

Signed, Petunia Evans