XI

November 4,1976

Dear Lily,

I found the perfect dress. Vernon's sister, Marge, helped me choose it. Mum too, she was trilled and loved every detail about it. I honestly can not wait for you to see it. It absolutely gorgeous. The buttons go down my back, and although it might be quite the struggle the day of, I wouldn't change it for anything in the store. Mum mentioned another letter of yours and said something about becoming Head Girl at Hogwarts. What is that? Like a hall patrol? I mean she did mention it before you left, but I was just so busy with the planning that I didn't even bother on finding out what she was crying over.

You actually sent me a letter this time.

You mentioned James Potter again. Are you two now dating? The picture you sent me moved, and it was pretty amazing. Who took the picture? The way he looks at you is the way Vernon probably looks at me. I think he does like you, Lily. I think maybe even love you. I wouldn't blame him for falling for you. I want you to be in my wedding but as my sister. Not a witch.

Does James have a job? What are his career plans? What jobs do they even offer in your new world?

Is he an alcoholic? A drug dealer?

Maybe you can meet Vernon if you bring James along. We can meet each other's half. What do you think?

Signed, Petunia Evans (almost Dursley)