VII

December 25,1972 

December 25,1972 

Lily,

Our parents and I went on a small vacation, and we couldn't wait on you. I kind of wished you were able to come, maybe that way you can never go back to that school. Maybe we could have stayed in our destination, and you would like it so much, you would just stay with me.  But mum and dad said you were staying with anyone else who stayed for the holidays. That you pretty asked for permission as one or two of your friends was staying as well, and you didn't want to leave them for the holidays. But what about me? Did you suddenly not have a sister that missed you more than she wanted to let you know? I just stopped caring for you right? It's okay. I'm going to learn to do the same thing. 

I promise.

I don't know how the mailing system works over there, but they got you presents again. A whole ton of them actually. I think they might send twice the presents since we won't be able to see you until the summer of next year and therefore not giving them the opportunity to make you extra special weeks before your birthday. So you're going to turn 13. Seems like you're no longer a little kid, but a teenager. A teenage freak more like it.

I'm sorry.

I miss you.

Signed, Petunia Evans.