Part 8

Elliot's POV

I led there, I was unconsciously for several minutes, I could feel the smoke and flames around me,I was trying not to cough. I wasn't going to die, I had to get out of here. I led there as I felt someone tugging at my leg, It was Andrea. I was so glad she was alive. I closed my eyes, I could feel her looking up at me. She started screaming my name, she thought I was dead. I thought she was dead. I felt so relieved to know she was ok. I watched with my eyes half open as a fire fighter pulled her out of the building, alive. She was still calling my name, I hated hurting her so but I had to go, I had to leave her before it was to late. They knew I was in the building, I'd seen police officers outside before the building blew up. If they knew I was alive I'd be in a prison cell for life. Andrea wouldn't want to know me, I'd have no one, I'd die in prison. But no, I couldn't let that happen. I slowly got up and saw a hole for where the vent was. I was slim enough to squeeze in, this was my only escape. I pushed myself through and scooted along. I was in the ceiling, if the pipes broke I was dead. There was no question about it. I moved across slowly hiding my gun, scared in case I lost it. The bottom of the vent was heating up, I could feel it on my burning hot stomach. I knew I was running out of time, I needed to get out. Then it happened. I turned onto my back and there was a crash. The vent area in front of me was hanging loosely, when I looked down I could see the flames on the ground below. I was stuck.

**************

I stood up, sort of crawling and bent in half, I was a bit to tall. I looked below and all the smoke went into my mouth and up my nose. I started coughing. I was actually scared for what was going to happen in a few minutes time. I was either burnt into little pieces or in a car somewhere, driving away from this country. I was the most wanted criminal in America, I had to run and no one could find me, ever. I jumped and landed on the other side. My back was in agony from the heat coming up. I quickly slide right across and found the opening, I jumped out and landed on the green grass. I smelt something funny and realized I'd put my hand in dog shit. 'Fuck you.' I hissed at it, wiping my hands on the brick wall. I sprinted along and found some random car in the car park. I smashed it open and drove before anyone could catch me. I started going backwards, into the countryside where I had brought Andrea. Wonder where Andrea is now? I though to myself. Just at that moment I saw the field where I nearly ended my life. I tried to drive past but I saw two figures. One in white and one in black. The one in white was on the ground, I think they were unconscious or something. I looked at the one above, he was looking over the girl, he had a knife in his hand. I soon realized. It was Joshua. He couldn't get me, because he thought I was dead, so he got Andrea instead. You see I'd beat him up, when no one was there I'd battered him, he was dying but he fought back and now he wanted his revenge on my girlfriend. I held the gun in my hand walked closer to the field and aimed it.