.-° Him °-.

Mark's p.o.v.

"Okay, no problem" that's what i told the secretary when she asked me to guide this new kid around the school. I barely passed 10th year and now i need to help this guy through school? Great.

"He will arrive early so, can you please wait for him in the school doors?" So here i am, sitting in a bench near the school doors waiting for this new kid. What's the big deal? He must be special of something. Cars of all different color and sizes come and go. I woke up and arrived early just for this, what a waste of time.

How am i supposed to know in which car is he going to arrive? They never told me anything, they should be more specific. I let a sigh as I wait in annoyance. I raise my head to see a weird dark red van coming up and stopping in front of me.

I stand up straight and put my phone in my pocket as I take out my earbuds I didn't know I was using. I see a woman coming out of the car, she looked around as she was looking for someone.

Once her eyes landed on me, a small smile was plastered on her face and came towards me. I stood up silently as she spoke with a sweet and caring voice "Are you Mark?" i nodded and responded with a small "Hello. Yes, I guess you were the one who asked me to guide your son, I suppose ?" We shook hands as she nodded "Thank you so much Mark for doing this, it means a whole lot" I noticed a strange accent on her voice but I can't put my finger on it. She guided me to the red strange looking van. "Its no problem ma'am".

Once we got near the car, she stopped and turned around with a serious face."Mark, before anything i need to tell you something. You see, Se- Jack is a bit different. He has been through tough stuff so please don't ask him really personal stuff, until he opens up a little" i looked straight at her eyes as she said this. As she said i should better keep my questions to myself. Is there something wrong with him? As i got caught up on my thoughts i realized i didn't answer her, so i fastly try to reply so i don't give her a wrong impression. "T-there's no problem, ill try to get to know him as much as i can before make those type of questions" her smile returned and went to open the door from the back of the van. She took a ramp and made sure it was stable and got into the van.

She helped someone in a wheel chair out of the van down the ramp and brought him close to me, 1 meter apart to be exact. Once i got a good look at the person, or should i say boy, a light blush appeared in my cheeks. On the chair sat a boy with skin like pure milk, the top of this hair was dyed green, but it was more of a like light shade of green. He was wearing a raspberry red sweater and some black jeans, he had a thin figure and by the looks of it he didn't eat much. I couldn't see what color his eyes were since he was looking to his legs that were moving slightly. He must be nervous. He was hugging this dark blue backpack against his chest, full force, it seemed like the bag was part of his body. He also wore black converse, that seemed to be untouched, i guess they didn't have any purpose right now. 'Stop being a jerk' I slapped myself mentally since I shouldn't jump to any conclusions.

"Mark this is Jack, Jack this is Mark" his mom said as she put a hand on his shoulder, he only hugged the backpack tighter. He didn't rise his head either. His face and eyes still unknown to me. "H-hi" he whispered. "Hello i'm Mark, nice to meet you" i extended my hand for him to shake. He raised his eyes from his legs to look at my hand. He took a hold of my hand, he was cold and when we did i felt a small spark inside me. As soon as he let go of my hand he looked down again, without being able to catch his eye color. 'Damn'.

His mom read at her watch, her eyes widening "Oh no! Honey i have to get going to work, i'll pick up at the end of the school, okay?" Jack nodded as his mom left to the car. She rolled the window and shouted through the window "Take care honey, the day will end faster then you think, Bye!" she rolled the window up and left us in an awkward silence. This is gonna be harder than i thought. Now i take a look at all his body, he could still move a little bit his legs. It seemed like he had some accident that left him in that state, or he could have some illness that was slowly taking his ability to walk. I don't know.

I took my phone out and looked at the hour. We had about 20 minutes before classes begin. I knew we had all the same classes together since yesterday they gave me his schedule. That makes things a little easier. "U-um Jack, would you like me to show you around school or do you want to go straight to class?" i asked him slightly scratching my neck and put away my phone. "C-could you show me a-around?" he said, he had a irish accent and a shy tone. I smiled to myself and answered "Sure, is no problem!" i said happily as he finally said some thing to me. "Would you like me to push you?" i said thinking it will be easier if i pushed him around. He let out a shaky breath and tried to bury his head in his bag. "I-if you'd like...".

I walked around him and took ahold of both of the push handle from his dark green wheelchair. I started to push him, as he looked like, he weighed. He was really thin and light as a feather. "Lets get going, okay?" he nodded lightly "O-okay..."

1082 words

[edited 24/04/2020]

Hello everybody! Thank you so much for reading this btw i will change the p.o.v in every chapter. See you next time, i think,,, buh-bye!