°-. Alone .-°

Jack's p.o.v.

He almost found out, thank god the bell rang when it did. I now know that he has that question in the back of his head, i just wish i could make it disappear. He wouldn't look at me the same way he does now if i told him, i'll be alone once again if i did. I shouldn't tell him. And i will not. Let's enjoy this while i still can, without the bitter truth.

Now we're heading to the classroom, him taking me of course, i'll be lost in this huge place if he wasn't. My memory is pure shit to say the least, but as always it doesn't erase the memories we want forgotten they just stay permanent as the light of day. How many times i tried to forget but the state im in makes it more live than anything. I why did i told him? Him of all the people. Stupid.

We finally got to the class room. He moved my wheelchair behind the desk my stuff was in and took a seat beside him once again. My eyes following every movement he made with precision. Once he took a seat completely he looked towards me and extended a bright smile on his face. I looked away before i could sense the happiness he was trying to spread to me. And with that class began.

During all Social Studies and Biology Mark and I exchanged looks. Every time his eyes landed i could sense the happiness he emitted, and the smile always present on his face. While mine only reflected sadness and tiredness, what was the only things i could feel right now. Why doesn't he get tired of looking at me? Why isn't he disgusted?

'of course he's disgusted of you! why wouldn't he be? With someone as ugly as you, who wouldn't be? He only hides it from you so you don't feel sad, he only pities you!' the voice in my head rang before i could answer to myself. He's right, why else would he be looking at such a waste of a human being? I looked through the window once again without listening to what the teacher was saying.

The bell rang, everyone started getting up to gather their stuff, i unconsciously did the same and for return i received a great ache on my legs when i did. I silently hissed out in pain and sat down with a small thump on my chair. The voice in my head laughing at the brainless thing i just did, mocking following behind it 'Hahaha oh my devil...you really though you could? That's so fucking hilarious!' , I flinched as it said that and picked up the bag that lied beside me, putting away the things on my desk. Taking my phone out and messaging my mother, telling her the last bell already rang. She responded with a 'Ok, ill be there in half an hour'. I guess her job was really far away from here. I laid the bag in my lap and looked around me, the class already empty. I took ahold of the wheels and started strolling past all the tables and trough the door and into the hallways.

Almost everyone was gone, only a few people looking trough their lockers. When i was about to walk to the doors in another hallway i saw something that made me feel a slight pain on my chest, Mark. He was with his girlfriend and some of what looked like his friends talking and laughing. He had an arm around the smaller blond female meanwhile he was talking to another 3 guys, taller than him of course. When i looked i saw that marks eyes landed on mine and i felt like time froze, our eyes connected. I was brought back into reality by the sound of my legs and feet crashing in the door of the school. A slight 'auch' escaped from my lips. I looked at the door and then at Mark. His and his friends eyes on me.

Then they all started laughing pointing out what happened to me. Hearing in the distance what they where saying, "Look at that dumbass! What an idiot!" "His stupidity made him like that! Nice job fag!" "You need to open the door, not crashing into it you moron!", and some of the laughs between them. But i heard nothing from him, just a small chuckle coming. I feel so stupid! 'you are and you'll always be one'.

Then i heard rapid footsteps coming towards me. My hands started trembling slightly knowing that they'll come to beat me up for my stupidity. Once the footsteps stopped in front of me i shut my eyes, but i was surprised to hear a door opening and the sound of the cars from outside. I looked up to meet another figure in front of me. Mark was standing on the outside holding the door open for me to go though. Once i go through i stop and look towards Mark.

"Thank...Thank you..." I whisper barely audible and with that he went back inside closing the door behind him. I let out a sigh knowing this was going to happen, he just felt sorry by the fact that i cant open the door by myself and being the gentleman he is, he came to help me. 'You see? He's just helping you out to look good, in fact, he's using you to show others that he's a nice guy.' Maybe he's right, after all he was asked to help me. I heard the sound of the door opening once again and felt a light tap on my shoulder that make me jump and brought me back into reality. I looked behind me and there stood him once again.

"Hi!" he said with a small wave of his hand and a smile, again, on his face. Sometimes it bothers me the fact that he can have that all the time. A true and sincere smile.

"H-hi" I said with my low and raspy voice looking somewhere else avoiding his look.

"Are you okay? You had a problem back there, did you get hurt?" he asked looking down at me and looking at my legs once he asked that. Now he's worried, well no shit.

"I'm fine..." knowing by fact that im not. No one is never just 'fine', no one is just 'okay' because life is not always laughs and smiles all around. Life can push you to the floor and beat you till you're motionless, emotionless and badly broken. Life is never that easy, not for me, not for anyone.

"Are you sure? you don't look to good..." he said and got on one knee in front of me checking my unmoving legs and feet. He touched my knee and i let out a slight hiss, he quickly looked at me once he heard my reaction. A serious look on his face.

"Jack, you're not okay. When is your mom coming to pick you up?" He asked looking to, what i suppose is the time, on this phone.

"In about half an hour" I said looking down.

"Come to my house, let me take care of that or it'll get worse" He said insisting with a kind and assuring look on his face.

"But i'll have to tell her..." uncertain of what i'll happen if i accept. Will he take me somewhere and beat me? Will he bring his friend to join with the beatings? Or is he going to take me somewhere and leaving me there on the floor? All the possibilities roamed in my head. Some worse than others.

"Please, you can call her when you get there, i just want to help you. My house is not that far from here, we'll get there in a trice." By now he was begging for me to go with him. All the possible situations disappearing when i noticed that he only wanted to help someone in need.

"Okey..." when i said that a smile appeared on his face and he stood up and came behind me and started pushing me along the sidewalk.

"Let's go!" he said in an enthusiastic tone. I hugged my bag against my chest wishing for the best.

1367 words, welp

Thank you! <3