Twenty Two.

A/N: yay!! Another update!! So by request I'm going to work on the Jax Teller story and see if I can get that up soon but I'm not making any promises yet because this is my first priority. Feedback always helps and it much appreciated! Hope you enjoy! Listen to the song!

Song: Reverie by Isaac Gracie

My hiding out didn't last long. Soon enough I was curled up on the couch with my favorite white throw blanket draped over me. Mom sat near my feet and Luann was on the love seat to my left. They were chatting about something rather another but I wasn't really paying attention.

"How does that sound Carmen?" I gave my mom a tiny hint of a smile but it was all I could muster up at the moment. "Tara called, she said if you wanted, she could bring Abel over." She repeated her previous statement, knowing I hadn't been paying attention.

I slightly perked up at that. "Yeah, I would like that." Mom left the room to call Tara back and Luann gave me a sad smile.

"You know I love you, right? Like my own daughter?" She asked and I gave her a nod. "I'm here for you. Whatever you need."

The TV was turned on after that to fill the room with some kind of noise as we waited for Tara get there with Abel. Mom and Luann both offered to make me something to eat but I declined. I wasn't hungry.

"Knock. Knock." Tara said as she let herself through the front door with Abel's carrier over one arm. She gave us a gentle smile and came over to where I was sitting. She set the carrier on the floor in front of me and I took it from there. I moved to lean over so that I could unbuckle him and then I pulled him out of the carrier and held him close to my chest.

I clenched my eyes closed tightly as I tried to hold back the tears. It was a new emotion, holding my nephew after the events that had taken place. I would never take my time with him for granted again. I kissed his head and then moved so he was sitting in my lap.

"You're Aunty Car Car loves you. Do you know that?" I wiped away a traitor tear. "I love you so much, yes I do." I couldn't help but smile when he grinned up at me and I knew that the act was contagious as the women around me also smiled.

"And he loves his Aunty Car Car." Tara said, taking the seat next to me and rubbing my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I'm gonna go make us all something to eat." Mom said and I didn't bother arguing with her, we were all effected and we were all doing whatever we had to do to deal with it. My mom wanted to take care of me so I needed to let her.

.

Happy's POV.

.

When I parked my bike on the lot I knew what we had to deal with. The anger in my veins had yet to subside and I knew it wouldn't until I was able to kill all three of the men who hurt her.

"Hap." Juice met me near the club house and I saw that the look on his face was close to matching mine. He was Carmen's best friend, he was worried about her. "How is she?"

"Not good." I responded honestly because lying was pointless. He would see her soon and figure it out for himself. I owed him the truth at least, he deserved that for being her best friend. "You finding us everything you can?"

"I already got all the information printed up, it's on the table." I followed him into the club house and when the others saw me, they followed me into church. They knew we were there for church, no one needed to call it this time. I spotted Kozik sitting in the chair next to mine and was surprised yet grateful. I didn't know he came to town but it was somewhat of a comfort seeing a brother from back in Tacoma.