Twenty Seven.

Song: Painting (Masterpiece) by Lewis Del Mar

"What are you doing? You look like a cheap hooker..." I mumbled the last part to myself after asking Ima the question. I was sitting in the director's seat and watching her do her scene with the two 'College Athletes'. Her hair was in pigtails and her cheer outfit was skimpy, as it should be in porn.

"I'm playing my role!" She snapped back with a tone full of attitude. I raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Your character needs to be a bit shyer and not so out there. Take lunch and we'll start from the top in an hour."

It had been a month since the funeral and I had officially taken over CaraCara with Lyla's help. She was now doing more business and directing work which made Opie happy, he even thanked me personally after she told him. Things had slowly started going back to normal, they weren't perfect but it was a start.

Weston was still locked up and I hadn't been told anything else on the matter, Happy swore he would take care of it. I stayed so busy between the studio and the club house that I wasn't constantly thinking about it anymore.

"Where is Carmen?" I heard someone ask from the entrance around the corner but I wasn't sure who it was. I leaned back in my chair to try and see but had to wait till they came around the wall. I was greeted by the large smiles of Kozik and Juice.

Kozik had finally moved to the Charming Charter officially and was now at the studio just as much as the other guys. He had an upbeat personality and I knew that he was one of Happy's closest brothers. He was a good guy.

"Sorry boys, this set just went to lunch."

"Oh, come on Carmen." Juice said, giving me a hut expression. "We came to see you."

"I'm calling bullshit on that one." Lyla said while walking by, causing me to laugh.

"Is that for me?" My curiosity peaked when I caught the sight of the brown paper bag in Kozik's hand. "Gimme! Gimme!" I reached for it but still didn't leave my seat.

"Greedy much?" He asked and I nodded, causing them both to laugh and he finally handed over the bag which held my food. "Happy sent us with your lunch after you texted. You are the most spoiled Old Lady I've ever met."

"Have you met my mother?" Juice snorted out of surprise at my response and I laughed even harder.

"Okay, true." I took a bite of the chicken salad and watched Kozik look around. "Don't you guys have a wrap party coming up?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." I joked and laughed again with Juice as Kozik rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Come on, Carmen. Stop busting his balls."

"Can't help it. It just comes natural."

"So, you're naturally a bitch?" I threw a tomato at Kozik's head but frowned when he caught it in his mouth. "Thanks, doll." He shot me a sarcastic wink.

"You're not invited to the next party."

"Bullshit! You can't keep me out of here..."

"Technically she can." Juice laughed before giving me a nod. "We gotta get back to the club house."

"See you losers later." I shot them a wave as they walked away and couldn't help but smile. It felt so good to laugh again.

.

When I finished up at the studio I ran by the butcher to pick up some steaks and then stopped at the grocery store to get the other things that I had on my list. When I finished with that I headed home to start dinner. Since I was in such a good mood I figured I should make a great meal.

I put on some music while I worked on the fresh mash potatoes. I cut them and got them boiling then moved over to get the steaks ready for the grill, which I already had warming. It was then that I heard the front door open.

"I'm home." Happy's voice called through the house shortly before he appeared in the kitchen where he snaked his arms around my waist and placed a kiss on my neck.

"You're home early."

"Mhmm." He lifted the lid to the pot of potatoes and smirked when he saw the steaks on the counter. "Am I grilling those?"

"Now you are." I smirked. "The grill is ready for them."

He took off his cut and placed it on a chair at the kitchen table before taking the plate of steaks and the tongs out back. I watched him as he went and smiled when I thought about how handsome he was. He definitely wasn't your typical tall, dark and handsome. He was more of a tall, dark, dangerous and sexy if you asked me.

"Thanks for sending Juice and Koz to the studio with my lunch." I told him once he returned, he leaned against the kitchen counter and sipped on the beer in his hand.

"My girl's gotta eat." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"That I do." I threw a stem of asparagus at him but he easily caught it with his beer free hand.

"Don't waste food, woman." He tossed it back onto the counter and shot me a small smile. "You still gonna work at the studio when we have a kid?"

My eyes went wide at his question but he couldn't see because my back was to him as I faced the stove. My heart beat picked up suddenly and I wasn't quite sure if this a trick question.

"I want to be a stay at home mom as much as possible when she is young but once she goes to school, there won't be a reason for me to stay home all the time."

"She? You think we'll have a girl?"

"I'm pretty sure of it."

"How so?" He set his beer down and moved to stand next to me, he was still leaning on the counter but now we were facing each other.

"Look at you Happy. It would only make sense for you to have a boy which means you'll get a girl." He smirked and nodded in agreement. "Plus, I want a girl so I can dress her up." I shrugged like it was a casual conversation but for us it was anything bet.

"Then you'll get your girl. You're determined like that."

"So, are you saying that if we have five boys we can try for a girl?" Beer shot out of his mouth and his eyes went wide. His expression was so funny that I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

"Fuck..." He shook his head but smiled. "You're crazy."

"Only for you." I replied cheekily. He just nodded in agreement before going out to check the steaks. I swear I was too much for him at times.

A/N:

Hey guys! I'm sorry it's been so long! Please let me know what you think! I have the nExt chapter written, just waiting to put it up! Hope you enjoy the chapter!!