[Chapter 1]

Inkopolis Plaza
1:32 P.M. Saturday
Main Entrance

[Oris POV]

Seven hours... seven LONG HOURS on a rumbling train that made abrupt turns, swaying around like a suspension bridge in the wind. It's a wonder my behind didn't fall right off as soon as I stood up.

Let's see now...
Backpack, check!
Water bottle, check!
SquI-phone, check!
Wallet, check!
Locket... wait... where's my locket?

I ran back into the train, flipping seat cushions and looking between the gaps. Luckily, in the nick of time I saw something shiny below the seat I sat in. Quickly tugging the locket from under the chair I madly dashed outside the train right before it left in another direction... whew!

I was now by the giant doors that lead into the great city of Inkopolis and of course the centre of all things fresh - Inkopolis Plaza. Hardly containing my excitement, I placed one hand on the large doors, ready to push against it enthusiastically with all my might.

"Okay! Inkopolis Plaza here I come--"

A kind looking jellyfish man in a hard bright yellow hat came to me with a ruby red sign that read 'stop' in inknese.
"You here for Splat High? Sorry kid the schools down for now... the tower of inkopolis Plaza fell the other day." He said apologetically.

Wait... What?!
Where am I supposed to go now for high school? I rode a train for SEVEN STRAIGHT HOURS just to ride SEVEN MORE to go back home?
Why didn't they just send a letter?
Or better yet a email?

The jellyfish worker saw my face turn a deep shade of Crimson and he chuckled.
"Don't worry kid, we relocated all the students that attended Splat high to the second best school there is;
Sploon State is located in Inkopolis Square - just another subway station away. You can't miss it." He said with a smile.

My flustered expression faded away and I began to grin again, thanking the construction worker before heading down the subway station.
Aw geez... mother spent SO long explaining how Splat High was amazing, just to see me leave to another school.

Well at least my sis will be there, can't wait to see her!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Inkopolis Square
1:47 P.M. Saturday
Subway Station

Finally, after a long journey filled with pretzels, sandwiches, DS playing and bumpy rides - I am finally here!
Okay fine it was only 15 minutes, but still! Squid kid needs his Dual Squid...

Inkopolis Square was like nothing I have ever seen before: A place filled to the brim with signs advertising shoes, coffee and even ice cream. All overlooked by one giant electronic billboard playing little animations of a white haired squid girl modelling clothes.
There were stores EVERYWHERE! Much more than at home - stores for shoes, cloths, hats, haircuts, weapons, ice cream, crab cakes and--
And the newest album from the Squid Squad Reborn! Argh... I need to win a lot of matches to get my hands on those...

As I look around some more, I saw Inklings, jellyfish, sea urchins, shrimp and the occasional octoling were all hanging around, armed with the most fresh gear I have ever seen.
I even saw a fresh Jellyfish skating around, taking no regards for traffic cones and tables. I couldn't help but laugh as he smashed into a vending machine.

"Hello there!" A voice called out behind a crowd of jellyfish skaters.

I turned to meet whoever owned that voice.
She was a tall, cyan haired senior year at Sploon State. She wore a violet vest, sported slick jeans and her tied back hair flew freely in the wind. Strangely, she reminded me of somebody I knew...

She smiled,
"Hi there - my name is Skyler and I'm here to give you an orientation--"

Slowly my eyes widened.
"Skyler...? Is that you Sis?" I asked.

She suddenly looked astounded, eyes widening and jaw loosening.
"Oh... uh... yeah. Hey Oris... listen I need to go - registration offices are over there. Just tell them I sent you. Bye." She said hurriedly and dashed off.

"Sis! Wait up!" I yelled as I chased after her.
She glanced back at me momentarily and continued to walk briskly away, without faltering even a single bit.

I know it has been upwards of years since we last met... but why this cold towards me...?
Have I already messed up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was already in a bad mood when I arrived at registration, where I was greeted by one of the worst ladies I have ever seen.
She was an old cuttlefish lady, screaming at kids as I entered the room.

"...MICROWAVES ARE LIKE THAT NOW STOP ASKING FOR ANOTHER! NEXT!"

I snapped out of my gloominess.

"Okay brat what do you want?" She said in the worst tone of voice I've ever heard.

Nervously placing a ticket on the table, she stared at me with her glasses below her eyes.
"Registration eh?" She wheezed.
"Well brat you are somehow in luck - there is only one room left--"

She was interrupted by a crashing sound. Turning I saw an inkling girl with long pink hair crashing past luggage to run up to the table.
The registration lady sneered.

"Sorry I'm late! Registration... I'll take that last room... please..." She said through pants.

The cuttlefish lady looked straight up nasty when she glanced at her.
"TOO LATE! This brat here already took your spot."

The girl looked gravely disappointed and I felt like a jerk.
Right as I was gonna say I could share a room with my sister I felt something cold against my neck.
I looked down to see a KATANA BY MY THROAT.

"Then I am fully prepared to fight for it..." she said in a rather serious tone.

I fell backwards in shock, scrambling for the nearest exit. This crazed girl is utterly INSANE - high on seaweed I bet.
I ain't fighting over a stupid room that's for sure...

"WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH THIS GENERATION OF SQUIDS!!! SHARE THE GODAMNED ROOM!" The cuttlefish lady screamed so loudly I was sure I felt blood dripping down my ears afterward.

"What?! But he's a boy--" the pink haired girl began,

"DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A SH*T?!" She screamed at her equally loudly, spit flying in every direction.

I walked up to the table, determined to get away from these two crazy lunatics.
"I can just share a room with my sister--"

"ENOUGH! YOU TWO ARE SHARING THE GODAMNED ROOM NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. NO ARGUMENTS!" She screamed at last with a tone of finality.
"...AND IF ANY OF YOU KILL EACH OTHER I WILL END YOUR LIFE TOO!!!"

The pink haired girl faltered, and finally (thank god) put down the sword to her side and sheathed it. She looked outraged...

I gulped.

Then took a glance at the pink haired girl.
She had blood red eyes that store into my soul, a unflinching frown that showed her sharp K-9 teeth and her hand was still on her katana blade which she held by her side, ready to draw.

Oh... this is gonna be a long year...

~~~~~~~~
It gets better I SWEAR

Anyway glad we got that outta the way... I'm just here to say I'm gonna post a new chapter every Friday and I'll do that for mmmm... maybe 50 chapters? That's a little ambitious... I dunno we'll see.

Anyway thanks for ready and I'll see you in the next one!