[Chapter 4]

Sploon State Dorms
11:32 P.M. Monday
Room 64

"Wake up Orange haired peasant!"

It was pitch black except for a couple of colours shining in from the outside, illuminating our room dimly with a pearly white and lavender glow.
Running my eyes, I got up from my slanted bunk and blinked at the sight of our colourful room.
As my senses finally settled into place, I heard soft music in the distance... no, wait... it's just outside our window?

"...what's going on?" I asked.

Out of nowhere, she grasped me firmly by the shoulders and stared directly at my face with her piercing pink eyes.
"Aliens, peasant, Aliens! We must retreat now before they brainwash us with that melodic tune!" Pyaka screeched at me at the top of her lungs.

"Chill down!" I gasped, falling backwards.
"It's just a band playing outside!"

She looked at me with curious eyes.
"You mean the instrument groups? They don't sound like bands..." she muttered, finally calming down a bit.

The music gradually grew louder and more recognizable even though concealed by a window, and before they even entered the chorus I instantly recognized those familiar voices.

"OMIGOSH ITS MARINA AND PEARL!" I suddenly screamed, catching Pyaka off guard.

I ran face first into our dorm window to get a look - but all I could see was the back of the stage.
Drat! I gotta go outside right now if I ever want to see them in person--

Out of nowhere, Pyaka unsheathed her katana swiftly and looked at me with her transformed (signature battle ready) Crimson eyes.
"D-d-do not fear peasant! I-I-I will slay whatever this Marina and Pearl creature is!" She trembled to say, madly swinging her katana around and decapitating a small penguin doll she had on her shelf.

I dodged narrowly to miss a swipe to the face, desperately trying to wrench the katana out of her hands.
"It's fine, it's fine, it's fine!" I cried, finally pulling the katana out of her hands.
"They're really famous singers and I was just excited - that's all!"

Again, she gave me a suspicious look before snatching the katana out of my hands and sheathing it.
I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm gonna go watch them sing, wanna come?" I asked, trying to smooth over all the crazy reactions we had a moment ago.

"If you say it is good." She said tiredly.

Again, again I felt cold steel touch my throat and the slight prickling of my neck getting cut. I would say I was scared, maybe even surprised - but at this point I just rolled my eyes.