[Chapter 8]

Midnight Monday
Sploon State Dorms
Room #64

Midnight MondaySploon State DormsRoom #64

[Oris]

I shifted uncomfortably in my bed, pulling up my covers only to see them slip off again. The slanted and severed beds didn't really help...

For three long and painful weeks, I've been continuously thinking about the two things that had happened in my first day as an agent. Namely, my stupid mistake of dragging Pyaka into something she had no interest in and the woman that attacked us (the lady by the entrance nearly fainted when Skyler told her about the black haired attacker)...

Pyaka was still at the hospital and refused to see me no matter how much I nagged her nurse to let me apologize. The nurse was nice, smiling through the whole thing as I pulled on her arm, trying to convince her that I needed to see her...

Guilt overwhelmed me into hysterics as she finally said one day,
"If you truly care for her... it's probably best if you don't come here anymore."

As soon as I recovered from the massive guilt bomb the nurse dropped on me - Skyler refused to let me battle alongside her, angrily exclaiming at me when I mentioned it at lunch.

"After that mission? Father was stupid to let you in on the mission - but I'm not making the same mistake!" Seeing the flame behind her otherwise calming blue eyes, I immediately went silent.

Now I can't even focus on school work, with Mr. Yelis contacting my parents almost every test, telling them about my falling grades. Knowing what was at stake if I let loose the truth, I just kept my mouth shut and swallowed the massive pill that was guilt and injustice.
I went from having nearly everything my way to ending up with nothing.

Tonight, I squirmed a little bit more as I pictured the horrid scene tomorrow, sending a chill down my spine.
Tomorrow Pyaka finally gets released from the hospital and will return to school regularly - but will she ever forgive me? I figured maybe she'd be even more intent on murdering me in my sleep now... and I can't help but think that I truly deserve it.

"I wished I died back there..." I muttered, finally drifting off into sleep.

~~~~~~~
"Alright baby squids! Today is the first major turf war of the season - I want you to play fair and use everything I taught you thus far!" Mr. Krabuhs yelled at us.

It was four on four turf war - I stood nervously on our respawner and looked across to the pink colour across from us... then to my own team of green.

On my team (that I personally hand selected) was three of the best inkers I knew:

Germain was a legendary roller, his unmistakable flowing green hair told every one all you needed to know about him - strong willed and enthusiastic.