[Chapter 7]

Time: ???
Location: ???

"What?!"

"I've told you already, he's now in Octo-Valley investigating the Octarian base."

"You can't just-- it's his first mission and throw him right into the enemy base?"

"Relax... I've seen him play turf wars in junior high. He's sharp."

"What if they are sharper?"

"He's accompanied by a Squidnese princess that seemed to have received training in the art of the squidnobi."

"I'm going."

"You have your own set of tasks to complete."

"I'M GOING!"

Click

2:12 P.M. Tuesday
Sky Fortress

 TuesdaySky Fortress

[Oris]

Pyaka and I roamed around the place with the stealth of a sea snail, somehow managing to bypass several Octarian snipers posted around the area.
Of course Pyaka never did stop nagging me to go back, but she became much more quiet whenever we were going around corners and leaping across platforms.

There was a point where aggression was needed, and surprisingly, Pyaka finally stopped bugging me and began fighting back.

The snipers noticed us before we came up to them (and how could they not when we were bickering about our plans loudly) and began taking shots towards us. After a few narrow misses and a few that shook us quite a bit, we regained our footing and began advancing.
Pyaka finally got the whole Splatbrella thing under control cause she threw the thing, shield first and began surfing on the bamboo handlebar. I can't help but ponder in amazement as she leapt up after the two idiotic snipers fired their shots, and pulled the trigger.
Ink exploded out of the tip, catching both me and even herself off guard.

The Octarians stood no chance!

After awhile we came across a rather tall tower, supported by what seemed like very unstable metal cables and a shaky platform. It was already strange seeing a building being supported by dainty little strings and watching it sway side to side... but something else caught my attention entirely.
Strangely at the top, there shone a bright light... almost like a...

"Zapfish!" I laughed, pointing out the light to Pyaka.

She gave me the usual confused look of a five year old and I laughed.
"That's our power source - the zapfish creates electrical currents for our city!" I explained, voice brimming with excitement.
"We've been losing them left and right, maybe Marie is right - the zapfish are being stolen--"

Tink!

Oh no.

I madly sprinted towards Pyaka and tackled her to the right, narrowing missing a torrent of purple ink that would've otherwise hit us both. At first she was furious, but as the line of ink splattered onto the ground just a meter from me, she went dead silent.
Quickly and quietly, I loaded my charger without hesitation of any kind.

I aimed in the general direction of our aggressor and awaited for any sign of movement...

There was not a person nor a shadow to be seen - only the winds howling against our ears and the gentle, but creaky sways of the tall tower.
Pyaka was pale, but she had her hand on the splatbrella and looked ready for anything.

"We have a shield and a sniper! Anything you try is useless!" I shouted out towards the tower.

The attacker was still silent - not a person nor their shadow resided near our visibility. But something told me the intelligence and the haste preformed by this... this... thing, made it a formidable foe. Maybe it was an octoling...
Either way we got them cornered, with our almost flawless line of defence.

I was dead wrong.

The attacker leapt from hiding with something shining in her left hand, and landed close by us.
She was not a octoling nor was she an Octo-Sniper. Her black tentacled hair with purplish spots at the ends flew freely in the wind, behind a bow like knot that was tied at the back of her hair.
She had large, black visors that not only glowed in neon colours flashing images of octopi, it managed completely concealed her eyes and rendered her nearly impossible to identify.

With a quick swiping motion she pulled out a N-Zap and shot Pyaka in the shoulder - making her fall backwards with a cry.

I released my charge the moment she pulled out her N-Zap, but she was quicker at seeing harm than I ever thought possible, as she glowed purple in an instant and her bubbler was activated a moment later.
My sniper shot flew right off...
I ran forward with a burst bomb in my right hand and I was more than ready to attack her with it, but she didn't even flinch as she sidestepped to the right.

Then with another swift motion she kicked me in the shin, causing an eruption of pain from my lower leg and forcibly falling to my knees. My charger clattered beside me.
Without missing a beat she pulled out the N-Zap that caused Pyaka to be immobile and aimed it at my head.

"Sending out amateurs to a dangerous place like this? That's just like you..." she said with a smile.
"You never change Marie... that's why this time I will win."

My eyes widened...
Pink spots, black hair, aggressive yet kind demeanour... my father showed me a person with these features.

"You're... the writer of Bomb Rush Blitz...?"

She twitched.
"Sh-sh-shut up!" Shoving her gun harder against my forehead.

"Wait! I remember now - the woman by the entrance was the author of tide goes out! How was I so blind to this?" I exclaimed, but my expression still frozen with fear.

But things didn't add up.
Why was this once amazing, kind individual pointing a weapon to my head with the intentions of murder?

"Marie...? She's here?" She murmured softly, lowering the gun slightly.

Out of nowhere, blue ink hailed from the skies and a familiar tall figure landed beside me with an ink brush and began swiping it at our attacker, sending her flying back in shock.
With a few quick moves, she leapt away from the puddle of blue ink, sneering at us.

I gasped.

Our saviour was one other than the tall sky blue haired class president - my sister Skyler, wearing an expression that practically exploded with nothing but anger.