[Chapter 9]

Tuesday 3:21 P.M.
The Reef
Pink Tower Control Goal

 The Reef Pink Tower Control Goal

[Pyaka]

This orange haired peasant was an idiot - ah, but only if he knew what's really happening behind the scenes. As we walked out of the hub and back into the dorms, him laughing and smiling with his friends the moment they left the thing, I reminisced my time in the hospital...

Flashback sequence

It was the first day, fire crackling in the fireplace in front of me and my shoulder bandaged to hell. It already felt better, but I can't help feeling angered by the whole ordeal... he dragged me into this! And now I'm wasting my education time trying to fix my screwed up shoulder.
Needless to say I was not able to sleep sound - angered by this very thought.

But not even the next day I had two visitors:
My father came with my ten sisters, not understanding customs and literally and bursting in through the doors. I laughed when the nurse tried to pull my almighty father back but only ended up in her flying backwards.

"My dear Pyaka, how could this happen to you?" He said in a sincere but rather cold voice that he talked with on a normal basis.

My sisters were now playing with the television machine, using the remote to switch between the shows rapidly and laughing when a really idiotic cartoon would randomly pop up.

"Well..." knowing my father and his wrath, I would get whoever I mentioned badly hurt.
"Well I my weapon discharged when I was loading it."

He looked at me with squinted eyes,
"But... you wield an katana."

Uh oh.

"Well... I borrowed this one peasant's N-Zap 87 to play." I nervously explained, hoping my voice wouldn't be a dead giveaway.

Without speaking a word, he looked at me like I just told him I was doing badly in academics. My sisters fell silent as they noticed the situation...

"Well, I hope you recover faster - you would bringing shame to the family name if you don't bring back the information of this world."

~~~~~~~
My next guest (after a lot of goodbyes from my siblings and a strangely friendly embrace from my father, they left and left the nurse with widened eyes), strangely enough was both the Silver haired lady that sent the peasant and I to the strange floating base and the sky blue haired girl that saved us.

"Good morning," The lady said softly, smiling as she retracted her umbrella.

I withdrawal a bit. Even though I know I'm capable of fighting still, this lady and her umbrella scares me...

"I'm going to assume you're not going to blatantly attack me again, so I'll be putting this away now." She said sweetly, slinging her umbrella behind her back.

"...depends." I mutter under my breath.

"Well it doesn't matter. I'm here to apologize sending you two rather rookie agents on a task that was meant for Agent 4 over here." She gestured towards the blue haired lady that seemed to be only two or three years older than me.
"We have paid for your hospital expenses... and also we bought you this as a sorry."

They handed me a strange metallic stick with a hairy tip and a opening that obviously was meant to insert ink into. It looks like a really funny weapon, but still I took it into my arms and examined it carefully.
"Thanks."

As they turned to leave, my head immediately went to something that was no way related to me.
"Who was that black haired lady anyway?"

Silence follows.
"She's... a dear friend of mine." The lady said in a fragmented and broken sentence, that was still somehow soft and kind.
"Very close friend..."

I went silent as well.

"H-h-how is the orange haired pea-- how is Oris doing?" I ask again.

The blue haired girl looked skeptical, but she responded with a simple 'good' before turning to leave again.

The silver haired lady butt in suddenly,
"He's been depressed all this time, wanting to say sorry to you. But you won't let him..." she responded,
"Not only that, the fact that he failed his first mission has also been getting to him."

Again, I went silent.

"I will change." I murmured just loud for them to hear me.
"I will learn from this world, I will suck it up and adjust I'm no more princess here than you or Oris..."

She looked at me with a smile.

"I will join your cause."

What was I saying? The first mission this lady gave me ending in a fire...
But I can't help to think if I'm planning to take the information this world has to offer - I needed to pay it back in some way. Retrieving the power sources that compose this world will surely result me in rewards...!
Yet I am still unsure of what to do.

"That's great. Oris said the same thing - but recover first. The nurse said you should be out before the first Ranked match in the season; so you'd better get outta here as early as possible."

They both left shortly after, leaving me to the silence of my loud thoughts.

~~~~~~~
Tuesday 10:32 P.M.

After we returned to our Dorms, I stared at Oris silently as he settled in to sleep. He didn't seem to mind that I wouldn't allow him to visit me - in fact he looked like he just won a million squoins...
But I didn't mind.

"Hey Pyaka."

My eyes flung open again,
"Yes peasant?"

He laughed a little,
"Would you stop calling me that?"

With the darkness of the night covering my face, I smile widely.
"No - peasant!"

"Listen... I'm sorry. I didn't for you to-"

"Then you'd better protect me next time we're in octo valley!" I blurted out, catching him off guard.

"Y-y-you still wanna go back?"

"No... well - yes. But maybe no? I'm leaning towards yes..."

He laughed harder than he had when he won the match today, startling the neighbours.

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT THE HELL UP!" The demonic receptionist lady screamed from below.

We both went silent for a solid minute.

"Let's go tomorrow and I will make sure nothing bad will happen to you." He whispered after awhile.

I laugh silently,
"Sure..."