[Chapter 5]

8:48 P.M. Tuesday
Sploon State Dorms
Room #64

 TuesdaySploon State Dorms Room #64

"WAKE UP PYAKA!"

Jumping up in shock, only to see the peasant staring at me with his widened amber eyes and sweat beading at the top of his forehead... distressed about something.

"Don't interrupt me during my sleep..." I muttered, flopping back onto my bunk and closed my eyes again.

"School! We're gonna be late!" He yelled, shaking me by the shoulders.

At times like these I feel like putting a sword through his chest just to show him where he stands... but I suppose he has a point this time around. Father didn't send me here to drink matcha and watch singers perform a wonderful melody.
...nor sleep until the next rising of the morning sun...

"Okay, okay, I'm up!" I muttered, dragging myself up despite the aches from every single joint I forced to move.

As my vision finally settled in, I could see him scrambling to stuff a toothbrush into his mouth.
"We don't have time, we'll have to take a shortcut - Go get ready and meet me by the window!" He shouted, madly scrambling into the closet, presumably to change into schooling uniform.

One look at the blinds, which showed me that sunlight was shining in at a thirty degree - oh CARP he wasn't kidding. I scrambled into the washroom to change into my clothing, hastily buttoning up my sweater and madly trying to tie together the fabric the locals called 'tie'.
I splashed water across my face, despite it mostly missing me and hitting the wall behind me.

After fumbling with the doorknob for some time, I kicked down the door and saw the orange haired peasant standing on the ledge of our window-cell with a gun.

"COME ON! NOW'S NOT THE TIME FOR SEPUKKU!" I screeched at him.

Raising a brow, he stared at me like I was an idiot.
"Um... what the hell is sepukku? I'm creating our shortcut!" He explained.

I peered out the windowsill to see a single tiny patch of orange ink below, barely big enough to fit a squid. What the heck is he doing?
Then, before I was able to ask him what's this for - he leapt out of the window without a single doubt and disappeared below.

"What the..."

The locals are crazy! Jumping to their deaths just because they weren't able to attend a day of education--

"Oi! Jump down here!" A voice came from below the window cell.

I ran to the windowsill  again to see him at the bottom of the building, in inkling form and submerged in his own ink. Genius! But also very very very idiotic at the same time... what if he missed him mark?