[Chapter 6]

This woman was insane! It was so quick I didn't even see the bubbler ability activate - only felt the explosion of contact against a shielded surface

This woman was insane! It was so quick I didn't even see the bubbler ability activate - only felt the explosion of contact against a shielded surface. Maybe it wasn't the smartest of ideas to confront her without at least two others...
I didn't trust her at all, but for some reason this orange haired peasant connected with her, because he immediately nodded at the first report given by this... this... emperor of power.

"Alright, so we've spotted octarian troopers by this specific location, setting up what seems to be a inflatable air mat..." She said, still soft and calm as ever.
"... and a whole lot of snipers dwelling the area. It seems that they are prepping something big - hiding something in plain sight."

Oris looked distressed, sweat once again beading by his forehead and lower lip began to tremble ever so slightly. At the mention of snipers he jolted a little...
If he couldn't handle a little bit of snipers than I don't know if he can handle any stronger enemies. I rolled my eyes.

"I need you to plant this- (she hands him a strange grey device) directly within the base, but of course as concealed as you can get it to be."

"What about school?!" He blurted out of nowhere, catching Marie off guard.

Damn I'll have to learn some things from him, like how to scare my enemies into dropping their guard... maybe not at this moment as I am beginning to trust this lady more and more.

"It's fine, me and the principal had a little talk and agreed you can skip school today." She explained without a moments of waste.
"...anyway let's get back to it."

After the longest briefing I've ever had (usually in my country it's just: kill *insert person here* and don't be seen), she hands us a multitude of clothing that allowed smooth movements, yet felt padded and safe. I refused to change into them even though she allowed me to change behind the rice screens of her miniature house...
Oris didn't mind any of this as he finished by clipping the ear piece into his right ear, thereby completing the look. He looked like a patrol guard on a break - don't ask me how I know what a patrol guard is. (Because the Author is running out of analogies).

"Alright - finishing touches." She looked at me without a single twinge of anger or confusion,
"Here's your officially assigned agent weapon of the day. I figured if you're gonna be sniped by, then why not snipe them back?"

She handed  Oris a  briefcase encased with metallic parts and the imprint of a squid plastered onto the front.

"I didn't know you were gonna fall down with him when I tripped him - so I guess you can borrow my weapon for now." She said, handing me her bamboo umbrella.
"Next time I'll make sure that I prepare two weapons to suit both your needs."

I suspiciously took the umbrella and looked at it for a unnecessarily long time, noticing a strange ink bottle near the top and a trigger by the bottom. Sure these were the components of a well crafted weapon, but how in the world was this dainty umbrella a tangible weapon?