[Chapter 3]

Octo-Valley
6:43 A.M. Sunday
Northern Agent Post

[???]

"Why would you do this- he's just a kid... has our side gone that desperate?"

"I have my reasons. Agent 1 and the captain needs to be saved."

"Yes I know... but resorting to a fourteen year old?"

"I was fourteen when I fought Octarian troops. I see nothing wrong with that."

"You can't compare him with you... you're..."

"Okay I get it. But it's unfair to let him be oblivious to the sinister events."

"I can take care of it--"

"An entire armada of octarians? Not likely..."

"But still he's just--"

"This argument is over."

Click

I sigh and place the phone handle back into its dock.
It's that time again - I need to go.
Equipping my armour and brushing my hair back, I scoop up the hero's splatter-shot and pull up my armoured vest. The clock tower outside rang loudly as the hour hand strikes twelve, sending several loud clangs into the deep dark violet skies.
The bright blue Sky will return soon...

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sploon State Dorms
6:32 A.M. Monday
Room No. 64

[Oris]

[Oris]

I awoke to the great feeling of still having all of my limbs intact. My crazy roommate still uncomfortably shifted in her sleep, muttering quietly as she turned and tossed. 
Even though it's the first day and it's pretty exciting to walk into a high school knowing that you belong, I just felt tired from yesterday. Crazy foreign princess lady that chops up beds and threatens to kill everyone chased me around because I invaded her side of the room. How was I supposed to use the washroom?

I spent the rest of yesterday cleaning up my side of the room and trying to patch up the bruise she gave me while trying to throw me off the SIXTH FLOOR. I would also prefer some Inkynol (Tylenol) FOR THE HEADACHE SHE'S GIVING ME.

I slowly and carefully got up from my bed and stretched my arms out slowly while yawning.
Taking one glance at her, I frowned.
Funny how life is; making this devious creature look like an angel during sleep...
A split second later a knife flew past my face and hit the wall behind me with a thud. Barely having to react, I simply stood there, pale and mouth gaped open.

"Do not give me that look peasant, or I will end you." She muttered, getting up from her slanted bed and rubbing her eyes.

I sighed, pulling the knife out of the wall and throwing it into the trash bin.
"Good morning to you too."

~~~~~~~~~~

Sploon State High
9:05 A.M. Monday
Classroom 12

"Alright class. Today we're not gonna do anything but introductions! Bet there are a lot of interesting characters in here just waiting to introduce themselves to this class!" The yellow haired teacher smiled as he introduced himself.
"My name is Mr. Yelis and I have been teaching for more than thirty years - although Splat High was my favourite school, it is currently rubble that got crushed by a tower... so we'll make do with this equally amazing school."

With much sincerity, he gestured towards the octoling boy at front who was still staring at his phone.
His friend beside him nudged him and he looked up finally, suddenly fumbling to stand up. Most of the students laughed and some even snorted loudly.

"Sir! My name is Patrick!" He saluted at once.

Mr.Yelis laughed,
"Easy there boy, this is school not a military camp... anyway what's your last name?"

"I don't have one sir..." he mumbled, losing all of his crazed energy.
"Octarians don't have last names... unless you count village numbers or ancestors."

The entire class went silent and Mr. Yelis was at a complete loss for words.
"I could've sworn... anyway sorry lad I'll make sure to make note of that. Anyway who's your mother then?" He casually averted the topic.

Once again he straightened and brightened up again,
"Oh! My mother is Melissa, my father is... is... well I'm not too sure." He responded.

"Ah, yes I do know your mother. An old friend of mine introduced me to her... well it's nice to meet you Patrick. Okay next!" Mr. Yelis said casually with a smile, then gesturing towards the next student.

As class went on I didn't pay much attention to any of the introductions except for (of course) mine and a select others.
"My name is Oris Squilds--"

Mr. Yelis looked shocked, converting his smile to an 'o' shape.
"Ah! Oris! Is that really you? My, my you have grown up since the last time I've seen you." He said, smiling.
"You know I always visited your house before you've turned three - your father and I were great friends." Naturally  concluding with a twinkle behind his glowing eyes, he gestured to my roommate who for some inexplicable sat beside me.

"Sir. My name is Pyaka Sqing, third daughter of the headmaster of Seanese." She said rapidly,
"I am also proficient at weaponry and have a high level education to prepare for this 'high school' task."

Mr. Yelis raised a brow casually.

Whispers broke out throughout the room. I caught one kid in the other end of the corner whisper something about her being the looker...
Knowing this crazy lady for a day told me that was a bad mistake.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, PEASANT?" She screeched, leaping to him with her blade drawn.

The kid fell backwards and screamed like a five year old on a merry go round.  It took some time, but I managed to pry her away from the now sobbing boy, quietly calling for his mommy.

"S-s-sorry sir, she has some violence issues...." I muttered, trying to wrench her katana out of her hands.

Mr. Yelis smiled,
"Don't worry - at least this will make for an interesting class. Alright next."

The boy beside Pyaka stood up shakily and began his introduction all the while  I try to dodge the knives flying at me. Thank god I have my father's unnatural quick reactions or else I would died so many times by now...