[Chapter 10]

[Author's Note]
Okay - I know I will lose a lot of readers at this point (not that I had a lot to begin with XD) but now I will start using official CANON plot points with a little bit of spices (from yours truly) so I will be spoiling quite a bit. Take my advice and play through Splatoon 2 before coming back,  or continue at your own discretion... I've including a crap ton of references and jokes from the main game that won't be appreciated without knowledge of the Octo Canyon main plot.

Thank you and have a good day!

Octypical City Ruins (or Octo Canyons because I am a sore loser and I will not admit defeat)
12:34 P.M. Monday

[Skyler]

There's nothing here as usual, except the usual octo balls they placed on guard - which I swiftly disposed of. Nothing else caught my attention...

I began my long trek home, but was momentarily interrupted when my foot caught onto something invisible and metal. Before falling flat on my face, I realized what it was...

I quickly shot up and put the receiver to my face, calling Agent 2.
"Agent 2; come in." I whispered.

She yawned on the other side of the receiver,
"Sky-- er... Agent 4, it's midnight... what do you want?" She asked, along with another yawn.

"Another kettle emerged." I said, slightly louder than before.

She went completely silent; probably from the shock or--
Or she's falling asleep as her snores grew louder.

Quickly debating in my head, I decided to head in alone, hopefully my own hero roller (Sheldon loaned me)  will suffice in whatever needs to be put down on the other side. Turning into a squid and hopping into the dark kettle, I hope for the best...

I emerged on the other side with widened eyes... I have landed in some sort of stage - quiet and peaceful at the moment. There were about five screens that were pitch black at the moment, tons of stands that were meant for the guests and a huge machine that was in the middle with a lightBulb the size of Crusty Sean's food cart.
Not a single soul was to be seen in the entire place, only the soft sounds of Octo Canyon dwell in the background. In the dead centre was something that made me stop dead in my tracks.

"Agent 1!" I shouted at the silhouette of Callie.

She turned at me, with a smirk plastered on her darkened and now worn out face. Suddenly her black visors lit up with colourful LED images of skulls and crossbones.
"I've been waiting for one of you idiots to show up." She said in a smug tone that didn't suit her.

"Callie! Come back to us, your cousin is worried sick about you!" I yelled again, this time feeling the tears behind my eyes, "Don't you remember all the happy memories of us when I was little? You came over all the time!"

She looked at me with a unflinching smirk,
"There is no Callie nor is there an Agent 1 here - I am reborn as someone new, someone that won't be beat!" She laughed, before directly looking at me with a now angered furrowed brow and sneer.
"Have fun while I go find the rest of your friends."

In a snap, she disappeared into the skies above and left me in silence while a small lightbulb dropped from the skies, with a zapfish inside. A singular large octopi tentacle plucked the small lightbulb out of the air and dragged it into its own ink. The ink puddle began to glow in a golden colour and music began playing in the background...

Bum bum WHAAA
Bum bum WHAAA
Bum bum WHAAAAAA!!!

I gasped in horror as something large rose out of the ink... tall and towering over me, riding... an unicycle? A huge Octarian warrior that resembled a samurai rose out of the glowing ink with a roller that was the size of five of my rollers combined. To top it all off it was rotating at a rapid pace and it looked scary as carp.

Immediately as he finished rising, he bought the roller down straight where I was and if I wasn't so invested in his movements I would've instantly perished

Immediately as he finished rising, he bought the roller down straight where I was and if I wasn't so invested in his movements I would've instantly perished. Luckily I still have three respawn packs attached to my back...
Again, he bought down the roller, but this time I was more than ready. I sidestepped in an instant and retaliated by bringing down the roller vertically and exploding him into a haze of blue ink. The respawner he spawned in cracked along the seams as I hammered its exposed tentacle while he respawned.

In the next instant he was up and at it again, this time smirking as his roller underwent some sort of massive transformation that I couldn't exactly tell what it's function was. Without questioning it, I went in for the attack, but it proved to be completely idiotic as he speedily rushed in on his roller - riding the thing like a motorcycle. I was caught if guard and mowed down, nearly dying to his sudden outburst; I couldn't afford to lose any of my respawns!
As he finished and smiled at where he mowed me down, he didn't notice the fact that I was still living and that gave me a golden opportunity to jump out and swing down my roller. Once again he exploded, leaving me a precious moment to take down his respawner!

When he emerged from the respawner again, his roller was insanely long, whirling like an electric egg beater and ready to whip up some calamari...
I gulped. Scared for the first time in my career as an agent...

The monstrous samurai leapt towards me with his roller raised high and his glowing emerald eyes shining as he nearly squashed me like a flying fish. Then he preformed this really strange circular swipe motion that caught me off guard and managed to scrape my chin as the ink flew in every direction. I heard my amour snap in places that probably wasn't sturdy.

Without thinking, I threw a auto bomb at his face, which instantly exploded and blind-sighted him in an instant. There it was, the final blow that sent him exploding into a haze of ink - and to top it all of, the Pearl on top of the cake, his spawner couldn't take any more damaged and it cracked violently in four places before bursting open.

I stared wordlessly at the mess and the zapfish that sat lazily in the middle of it all, looking quite happy.
As the adrenaline settled, my ribs felt like they broke and my back immediately forced me to hunch over painfully. This is gonna be hard to explain to Doctor surgeon-fish...

All the way home, zapfish in my arms and smiling, I thought of ways to convince my doctor I just fell down from somewhere high...