Chapter 6: Marinette's Encounter with Chat Noir

July 2nd, 12 days until the Ball [Midnight]
There is a wind blowing through the air, causing a whooosh, whooosh! sound. The wind also caused any words to spoken on the roof to be unheard to the rest of the neighborhood. The pitch black sky made it impossible to see what was going on on the roof unless of course, you were there.

Marinette took a few steps forwards but the wind blew her started to blow her down. Quickly Chat Noir pounced out of the darkness and caught her. Helping her up, they went inside Marinette's room. Her room was neater than usual becasuse Adrien came over a few days ago to play a video game. A crush coming over is all the motivation Marinette needed.

"Hello Purr-incess. " Chat said. "Ladybug told me of your dilemma and I would love to go with you, as friends, to the Ball. It sounds paw-some! So, Ladybug told me all about the bet. Who does Chloé think she is?"

"Hi Chat. Thanks for your help, but I got two questions." Marinette said. She wasn't pleased about having Chat in her room but it was too windy to back on the roof. And she was very curious to how he knew so much about the Ball when she never told him.

"Ask away, Marinette." He replied.

"Ok" she said "first off, how do you know about the bet?"

"Ladybug told me." Chat said. He was busy looking at  Marinette's family photo. It reminded him of his late mom. Chat missed her a lot.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "No she did not, because I never told her. So how did you know?"

Chat realized he was caught, but if Marinette or any one else knew his identidy they would be in danger. Or at least, that's what Ladybug tells him when he wants to know her identify, so he has to keep his identify hidden too.

"Fine, you caught me." Chat started, making up the story as he spoke.
"There's... a boy in the class who told me everything about it, ...begged me to agree. And of course I would have already said yes, I wasn't going to let down you down. He said something ...about ....not telling anyone it was him so I agreed. That's all." Chat explained.

"Who?" Marinette interrogated.

"I don't know. It was to dark to tell. The clouds and winds are making what's supposed to be a warm summer night, dark and cold. He found me while I was heading to patrol." Chat answered, he started to sweat. I reeaally hope she's buying this! He thought.

Marinette gave up. What he said sounds real, but something seems out of place. Something he's hiding. Before she could think deeper into it, Chat interrupted her thoughts.

"What's the second question?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm making you a tie to wear over your suit. You already have the mask down " she gestured to his mask " so I thought a tie would be awesome to match. Do you want a bow tie or a regular tie?" Marinette said.

Suddenly he started to smile, "Don't you mean pawsome?"

Marinette rolled her eyes again. "Silly Kitty. So which tie do you want?"

Chat took a moment to think, but then nodded his head as he decided. "Bow tie."

"Okay. Let me take the measurements." Marinette said.
She grabbed her measuring tape and started measuring. When Marinette finished, she looked up and slightly blushed, Chat was within an inch or two or her face. She never realized it before, but Chat's green eyes were the same emerald shade as Adrien's.
Wow! she thought.