Chapter 30: Human

"People say a lot of things in anger. It is our choice whether or not to listen." - Mrs Potts, Beauty and the Beast [Yes, this will relate to the chapter... I didn't just randomly put a quote in.]

~

In a beautiful ballroom, in a modest manor, around 600  high school students were shaking in fear. After their Bastille Day (Independence Day) celebration was cut short by a strange sound and a lockdown, the students were rushed inide the building. Adrien, Nino, Alya, Marinette, Tikki and Plagg were a few of the many who were waiting out the lockdown. The kids were shoved into the corner of the ballroom near the ballroom and a closet. Marinette and Adrien spoke with Plagg and Tikki  under their breathes, debating what to do.

"Should we sneak out and transform? We need to know what' going on!" Adrien frantically whispered. 

"It could be an akuma, or what if it's an attack that requires police? if it is a non-akuma attack, can we help, or will the police dismiss us, like when we tried to help out the kidnapping?" Marinette whispered. "The police may be thankful for our help when fighting akumas, but outside of magical attacks, the police refuses and underestimates us." She said.

"At least the bathroom probably has a window that we can sneak out of if we do need to fight." Adrien said, he put an arm around Marinette. She leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Hopefully this will be over soon, and it is something small. All we heard was a shriek. It  could have been a cat." Tikki said, trying to add a touch of hope to the scary situation.

Nearby, Nino and Alya were conferring with a few of their classmates over their take on the problem.

"It's probably a stupid drill." Kim said, not really fazed. He impatiently waited for the lockdown to end.

"You idiot! You think they would stuff us all into this room if it wasn't an emergency!" Alix whispered-yelled. A nearby teacher shushed her. 

"I agree." Mylene said. "But why would anyone target high-school students. Oh! I hope Ladybug and Chat Noir will come to help." Alya looked over Nino at Marinette and Adrien huddled in conversation. 

"Yep... we can hope." Alya said. Behind her Marinette and Adrien decided to transform. They ran into the bathroom to see if there was a window.

"Um.. Nino?" Ivan started to ask, but Kim interrupted before Ivan could finish.

"Did you just see Marinette and Adrien enter the bathroom together? Interesting... I wonder what they're doing?" Kim said. His jaw dropped "Are they-"

"Shut up, we all know where you're going with this and we can all say with absolute certainty, NO." Alix said, annoyed by her date.

...

Ladybug and Chat Noir quickly transformed and jumped to the roof of the building. Looking down, they saw a small group of people with ski-masks on, huddled in discussion. The people ran into the inn. Childern and teachers gasped. Chat Noir and Ladybug were hiding behind  column  while planning to strike. The people were all carrying, not just guns but knifes. Long,  very pointy  knifes. All, but one, wore black ski-masks and black ninja suits. The head person, a woman, wore a grey ski-mask and a more fashionable black ninja suit with snakes throughout her outfit. 

"BOYS! Round up the students to one corner of the room! Move all adults to a separate side!" The grey-masked woman called out to the men. She spoke with a heavy Asian accent.  As the students were being moved, some started crying. 

"Snake, look at this." A man said to her.

The man was taking Alya and a few others to the other side of the room, when he noticed Alix's watch.